Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Picked this up this morning. Only took an hour to get past where you are. I'm using the LP party, and I can see why you've gone with it. Took out the first boss on my first attempt, so I guess I've got the hang of the combat system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oh hey, you're catching up to where I am.

Guess I'd better play some more of this.

... Just one more day in Stardew Valley first. I don't have to play it, I just want to. I can quit anytime I want.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
:ghost:

Still haven't come back to this yet. In my defense Disgaea PC is playable now.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Danakir posted:

Willow was probably a crappy girlfriend anyway. :colbert:

Dryad was under her spell.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

inflatablefish posted:

Ugh. Dryads. You want to know why we broke up? Two months after we started dating, she finally notices that even though my name's Willow I'm not actually a tree.

That, and Willow just isn't into wood.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Too bad there isn't a voodoo priestess to add to the party.

You already know why.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Robindaybird posted:

Because of the power of voodoo?

She's the Babe with the Power.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Poil posted:

First the peasants with their duck, then the whole summoned and trapped in the book thing and now this. :(

Well, that explains how she and the Dryad got together in the first place.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I'm still around. Haven't played the game in a while though, so you're now further than me (not by all that much, though).

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Zathril posted:

I had to laugh that after all the furry armour jokes even the book is described as "Dog eared".

That was the one that got me, and he didn't even comment on it.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Bacchante posted:

It'll catch up eventually, I'm sure. Maybe not until the last area, but that's still eventually. You could always downgrade your equipment if it's bothering you.

Ugh. This. This is how it starts.

"Killing the Heroes with our over-powered equipment and spells is so boring", you say. So you start carrying around two sets of gear; a weaker set for villager slaying and the like, and you keep your really good stuff in an extra dimensional space for when you decide "it's time to get serious". Next thing you know you're setting up your evil lair at the bottom of a multi-tiered fortress, its halls filled with appropriately leveled encounter groups so as to provide a challenge for invading Heroes, but not too much of a challenge, oh no, not too much, because occasionally you want to face a so-called "Worthy" adversary and get yourself a bit of a workout in the process. Of course, what you don't know is that the "Heroes" are using your seemingly limitless hordes to train themselves up to god-like levels of power and have probably found that loving MacGuffin that will shut-down all of your powers, which you though it was probably safe to stuff in a chest somewhere in your base, so by the time they decide to actually face you you're proper hosed.

I can't believe how much more of this poo poo I've been seeing in recent years. Did you know that the Evil Overlord mortality rate has jumped from sitting in the low teens just a decade ago to over 63% today? I was shocked at how few of my peers were alive to attend my graduating classes Evil Medical School reunion this past may. It's a real problem, and we need to get the word out now or soon there will be none of us left.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
:D

Of course, now I can't unsee the missed letter on thought (in the section about the MacGuffin), or that the word "it" probably shouldn't follow "thought" in the same sentence.

Still, can't beleive it made it into the OP. Thanks.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

SystemLogoff posted:

You can always self-public as a romance novel on kindle.

(Let us know if you ever publish or self publish though, I want to read.)

It's everything I wanted post, but they sent a poet to do it. Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Well, I had bought a copy to read on my Kindle, and was planning to get through it today, but someone broke into my house this morning and stole a bunch of my poo poo, including my Kindle.

What I'm saying is that the LP Curse has spread, Chokes.

• Locked thread