Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Is it kosher to inform what each upgrade does?

I did arch-magus and I can tell you there are a couple of nice spells on that path. There's a full-party frost attack (complete with agility debuff and DoT) and one that lets us muscle in on Vlad's turf by draining HP and energy from a single target.

I never played with knight-magus, but I recall the description saying that you could use better swords and heavier armor.

Since I've already seen arch-magus I'll vote for knight-magus. Besides, our sorcerer doesn't seem smart enough to unlock the mystical secrets of the universe. Hitting things with other things seems more like his speed.

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Imo the primary benefit of the AM is the AOEs, not because of the direct damage they do, but because they also apply different DOTs.

Really? The frost AoE is the only one I remember doing DoT. I recall trying the fire AoE and giving up on it because it never did anything but straight damage.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

mauman posted:

That's because all of the Sorc's fire DoT skills are based on strength rather than magic :doh:

:what:

Well, that would have been good to know. I could easily have pumped STR!

quote:

Also, dots of the same type don't stack.

I figured that much out for myself, but being able to keep two or three different types of DoT going on the entire enemy party with just my sorcerer would have gone a long way.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Ah. I thought you were saying that the AoE fire was DoT and I couldn't get it to proc because of low STR.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

mauman posted:

Ok, this made me laugh despite knowing that this was a bit of a gaff towards me. :downs:

I think I might have been part of the problem too, but blaming it all on you works for me. :P

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 28, 2016

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
That just raises further questions!

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 2, 2016

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Wanderer posted:

Given how often I see Chokes posting in the US Politics thread in D&D

Somehow, the thought of goons discussing politics scares me even more than actual U.S. politics.

quote:

I'm imagining a chain-smoking Killer Puppet quietly assuring itself that its chosen candidate will win next Tuesday.

Sadly for him, the SMOD/Cthulhu ticket isn't polling too well.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
It's okay, I'll just fix the population problem myself.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

hi everyone! Be very careful making jokes about usernames when an admin is within earshot.

You know, when CrazySalamander made the reference to McMullin's campaign in Utah I tried to steer the jokes AWAY from real-world politics. And then you stroll back in here with THAT username. :rolleyes:

Still, good to see you back and in one piece.

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 6, 2016

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

mauman posted:

Now that I think it about. Puppet kinda looks like Trump.

That's.....kinda eerie

It's the hair.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Annointed posted:

I don't blame you mate. I don't think the electoral college has enough common sense to not vote in the fascist, 2000 seems to want a requiem of everything going wrong.

They'd be fools to go faithless. If the Right believed they lost fair and square the red states might be pushing for secession right now instead of California, but they'd have accepted the results. But if they think they've been cheated? It doesn't matter whether the electors flipped legally or not, they'll revolt. And I could hardly blame them.

But if it makes you feel better, the MSM isn't going to cover for Trump the way they do for Democrats. Quite the opposite, actually. And even a Republican Congress isn't going to just roll over on everything. Trump can get a lot done, especially during his honeymoon period, but he'll face much more scrutiny and resistance from the powers-that-be than Obama did or Clinton would have.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

I really don't want to clog up the thread with politics any more than it has been, but I disagree with literally everything you posted in this. :v:

We can pick it up in PM though if you want to discuss further.

Nah, I'm not really looking for a debate so much as trying to calm things down a bit so we can get back to enjoying the LP. I don't really want LP threads getting clogged up with politics either, as that's not what I come here for.

But thanks for keeping the disagreement civil. :)

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Oh, speaking of getting politics out of the thread... Chokes, are you planning to keep that username?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

mauman posted:

Anyways, I'm still rooting for the Sorceror. He makes me laugh. Willow, not so much.

Incompetence is funny. At least, when it's happening to someone else.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Nice to see you got your name back. Chokes, but what's with the duck avatar? Where did the evil puppet go?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

HardDiskD posted:

I'm right here, behind you.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/971019

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
To paraphrase the G-Man, he's the wrong man in the right place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
5) Nothing happens because his "life signature" changed too much when he was turned into a baby.

• Locked thread