Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Not raccoons. Just magic talking mice, that's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Gonna have to go with the ghost. Do its armor upgrades consist of sheets with varying thread counts? :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

CirclMastr posted:

Why are we not getting the get-it-now-or-it's-gone-forever Puppet?

The impression I'm getting is that every character is "get it now or it's gone forever" because Chokes isn't going to be rearranging his party ever.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Nah, I'll be slotting them in from time to time, it's just we'll always come back to our core party.

Plus, we'll get multiple opportunities to vote as we work our way through the catacombs. It's just the Puppet that's "pick it or it's gone."

Wait, so what happens to characters that you remove from the party? If we take the Puppet now, can we replace it with someone else and then later bring the Puppet back? What happens to our e.g. Ghost if we decide we want to play with the Goblin for a bit?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
That sorceror/sorcerer thing screws me up all the time. I have no idea why.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Quick note: you made the same goddamn typo I make all the time and wrote "essentialy" instead of "essential". drat muscle memory!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Here. Don't ever say I didn't give you anything.

This staff is made out of mucus.

Think of it as salty jello!

...no. No, I don't think I will.

That reminds me, my priest in the Avernum LP is still wearing the "Slime-Covered Tunic" that the party found in the third town in the game. You'd think I'd've found something better for her by now!

Does this game get more varied environments at any point? I mean, this is better than Wizardry, but it'd be hard for it not to be.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
As amusing as it is to watch the thread freak out about a five-day disappearance, Chokes is fine. He's just busy with his other LP and, y'know, with life in general.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Yeah, Ghost all the way.

Incidentally, it's spelled "pomegranate" and "a lot" :colbert:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

A question in return: what is the difference between a maze and a labyrinth? I don't expect an answer, though, since you can't tell a prison from a thread.

yeah I just finished Room 3 but I really like that riddle from the bad ending

Labyrinths typically didn't have branching paths, if I recall correctly. They were just long curvy passageways where it took a lot longer to get from point A to point B than it would have if you had a jackhammer handy.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Poil posted:

You can run but you can't hide.

This is going to look inappropriate as gently caress when it turns out that Chokes is in the hospital due to a freak ventriloquism accident.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I can't remember if it's been mentioned, but how do you deal with out-of-fight healing? Can you use Vlad's abilities, and if so how does that interact with the energy system?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
A ha, I had forgotten thank. Thankee.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

FeyerbrandX posted:

That... thing looked like the Flier or whatever from Demon's Crest

But a lot more horrifying.

That's what I was thinking! It's a neat design for an enemy, anyway.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Which is the last thing I need because my homeowners insurance hasn't been been real happy since the water pipes burst and they had to foot the bill

gently caress 'em, that's what insurance is for. If they're upset they should have done enough research to discover you're an LPer before they let you sign on.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh rite! Sorry.

I dearly hope this one was on purpose.

quote:

010101000110100001100101001000000101001101101111011100100110001101100101011100100110010101110010 probably not 0110100101110011001000000110000101101110001000000110100101100100011010010110111101110100

Respect not deserved: respect not given.

It says "The Sorcerer is an idiot"

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Derek Barona posted:

I know what kind of joke you were going for, Chokes, but they're called Metal BLADES, thank you. :colbert:

Look, it's Bubble Man. You think he's going to put up a fight against a gigantic nuclear warmech?

(And to be fair the sprite looks more like a gear than a blade, though that's probably at least partly down to resolution limits)

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Just stack literally everything on Sorcerer, because, what, you're actually going to value the other party members? What kind of group is this anyway?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
You may complain about Chokes' luck, but at least you haven't been put in personal mortal peril by playing the game. It all balances out, you see.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Man, now I want donuts.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

...seriously though, are you guys feeling alright? I think the thread may have gone slightly mad in my absence.

Look, if we don't have you to supply zany madcap adventures, then we have to manufacture our own, alright?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

Hey! Willow is cool! :mad:

She's more like the evil queen from Sleeping Beauty to Sorcerer's Hades from Hercules.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

jfc designing covers for eBooks is brutal. Why did we decide to sell a word-based art form based on how good the unrelated visual art is? Why? :negative:

Anyway, hopefully will have an update by EoW. It depends on how much brain space I can get back.

You wrote a book? Is it a Let's Play of FFL3? :v:

(Seriously though, a) you're never going to escape FFL3, and b) dude, details!)

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee posted:

GFDI I'M NOT DOING THAT GAME

I'm halfway tempted to suggest that you halfass the worst possible LP of the game, like, a recording of a Twitch stream of you playing it while drunkenly rambling at your wife. But the game's long enough that that'd still be way too much effort for the joke.

Maybe you can get ddegenha to add a note on his LP on the archives that says "I'm Chokes McGee, and I approve this LP".

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Derek Barona posted:

I mean, you could always not make it a direct continuation of 1 and 2. FFL3's story has enough things you can mock without having to drop the Lady Of The Saw in as a plot point.

Ehh, it's really not surprising that he's not interested in it. FFL3's story is a lot more fleshed-out than the previous games were (let alone Wizardry). The more writing the game has, the less freedom the LPer has to craft their own narrative around it, which is kind of Chokes' shtick.

Anyway, I think we've kind of beat this topic into the ground. Sorry I resurrected an unpleasant topic.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

quote:

Astin Fell lives the life of a struggling barista until he inexplicably sprouts wings and horns. Now he's the last servant of an unknown power, conscripted to fight the Taint---a horrific evil devouring the world one tiny piece at a time.

He'll have help: Nemesis, the shotgun-toting Goddess of Vengeance; Claudia Fischer, a woman with three different souls bonded inside of her; his nightmarish vampyre ex-girlfriend; and his telepathic house cat. But if Astin and his friends can't unravel the vast conspiracy lurking in the city's shadows, the Taint will consume everyone and everything in it... and there'll be nothing left to stop its spread.

Okay, so: mutant protag, human or mutant ("goddess") with a specialization in ranged weapons; magic-oriented human (seriously? Humans suck at magic!); mutant/monster ex depending on interpretation, and monster. Aside from the fact that you have too many party members, where's the robot?

(Purchased, and good luck with the self-publishing thing!)

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

SSNeoman posted:

You can also equip a shield while wielding a greatsword due to poor coding! :eng101:

What, you've never heard of dual-wielding bucklers to go with your dual-wielded katanas? :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Wanderer posted:

I'm imagining a chain-smoking Killer Puppet quietly assuring itself that its chosen candidate will win next Tuesday.

...one way or another.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

My gods. The LP curse claimed the entire nation. What have I done?

The finale to this LP had better be worth it. No pressure. :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
The occasional behind-the-black episode is still good fun! Like the director says, just roll with it.

Can we make Frank into, like, a quintuple-agent by the end of this?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Let me stop you right there.

Effective. He's effective. He's the Forrest Gump of villainy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Chokes' random comments have been on point lately, holy poo poo.

EDIT: a paper tiger is something that looks fearsome but is actually harmless (like a tiger made of papier mache or origami or something). Llewyn is a paper sorceror because he claimed his master's reputation without having the power to back it up.

• Locked thread