Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Some of the sheer randomness of the item drops leaves me feeling a bit miffed, honestly. Absolutely nothing equipment-wise dropped in the first cell block, so the first boss was a rough slog. I go into the second cell block and some of the first armors I find blow everything else out of the water and leave me with taking pretty much no health damage from everything but the boss for the entire rest of the block. Go into the 3rd block and I'm still not finding anything that compares. It's kinda ridiculous, and I feel like the game would benefit from relying slightly more on static equipment drops/placements rather than completely random stuff that can leave you either kicking rear end or scrabbling for victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Half-tempted to vote skeleton solely because he/she is left-handed, but considering your love of the abomination and how no one else has voted for it, I think I'll vote for Werewolf.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I think the biggest flaw with this game's difficulty is that it seems to equate harder with bigger numbers. A lot of bosses don't really feel challenging so much because you're countering their gimmicks and exploiting their weaknesses as it does because they have humongous numbers compared to your party. At the point I'm at bosses are using some abilities that inflict status ailments and whatnot, but they still feel like giant punching bags that hit like trucks, rather than feeling like the main brunt of the fight is counteracting the ailments. It's more like something just kinda tossed in for a bit of spice rather than being a key component of the dish, to use a half-assed cooking analogy.

I know I'm sounding really harsh on the game, but I do want to emphasize that I have been enjoying it! This tickles the Wizardry itch without turning me off with massive mazes (so far) and little to no auto-map feature. It's just that, as everyone else has said, the bosses in particular tend to be tedious fights with little to no frills on the actual combat. And the later game enemies start tending to feel the same way (in addition to being less frequent, it feels). It's an enjoyable game with a lot of potential, but it also has a fair number of flaws. It's by far not the worst 5 dollars I've spent, that's for sure.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I was wondering what was going on with that door. I was so confused when I just strolled right on through it after spending half a minute clicking furiously and shuffling around in front of it after getting the golden key.

• Locked thread