Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Got the game because of this thread, and I've been enjoying it so far.

Then I made the mistake of playing on 1980s mode...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Seeing as we're talking about the Imp:

The Imp owns. He is MVP of my 1980s run right now, that AoE sleep is the difference between "get beaten down horribly" and "spend 15 minutes grinding down these random mobs".

He...unfortunately doesn't get that much else good to be honest. But I have seen him actually heal from getting stabbed by physical attacks, so there's that.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Or you can go for poetic justice.

Those illusions are vulnerable to sleep, so you can turn right back around and ruin Myles' day with status effects whilst beating him down furiously.

Mind you, this fight is still horrible.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Energy Control and Agility for everyone.

Max energy control now, agility for later.

Unless random encounters don't get as stupid on normal.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The Imp supposedly gets an arcane DOT if his sample skills in the party select are to be believed.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

If you're playing 1980s mode (don't!) you're pretty much required to start with the Imp to use his sleep spell to not die on floor 1.

Don't play 1980s mode.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

It's not as bad as you'd think, but PS fights in general are irritating slogs and it's impossible to tell where on this goddamn level you are at any given time.

Seconded on the irritating slogs. Every fight has far too much padded sumo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I got the impression the Sorcerer was competent when someone ticked him off but was mostly coasting on his magic the entire time.

• Locked thread