Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Oh Bethesda, this was not a good idea.

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1592971214817222656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A one-sided and unjust account unlike, say, the Reddit post that was made?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm just waiting for that Jason Schreier drop TBH

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Don't worry, they have perfect evidence that disproves everything Mick said. They said so themselves! Where is it? Uhhh... it can only be viewed in an appropriate venue!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

And now the explosions start.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I mean probably yeah, they're clearly squaring up for a fight.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:munch:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bethesda is really going in on the "an attack on one of us is an attack on all of us" approach despite Mick emphatically making his point that it was Marty and management, not the everyday employees.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Seems like an obvious attempt to drag it into court where the cost and stress will gently caress over Mick and not matter to Bethesda, or am I missing something?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If people are so confident that Mick is obligated to that money and has a convincing case then he should be suing the gently caress out of iD for breach of contract

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

If people are so confident that Mick is obligated to that money and has a convincing case then he should be suing the gently caress out of iD for breach of contract

What makes you so sure that's not in the works

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I didn't say it wasn't. I figured he would've led with it if it was going to be a thing and not a call-out post against general management at iD/Bethesda and one specific guy, because that's significantly more impactful.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If you compare Micks blog post and Marty's Reddit post it's clear the blog post is a direct response to Marty's specific claims, and also that it was done only after years of trying to work with id, Bethesda, and zenimax to get the reddit post taken down, and being told to gently caress off. That's all that, specifically, is meant to be. Reading the post, it's also very clear that it's been lawyered up quite a bit. I feel pretty confident the rest of the case that isn't relevant to the reddit post can be found in some lawyers file cabinets somewhere, ready for filing (if not already done)

I think there's basically every indication that this is going to court. Not sure why you're sweating it

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 17, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm sure Mick is doing well but "just take on 5-6 digits in legal debt no big deal" is always a really rough thing when you're not the giant corporation that can win by making life miserable for the people they're being sued by by dragging things out, like they've demonstrated they're willing to do.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm sweating it a bit because of this:

Bushmaori posted:

the cost and stress will gently caress over Mick and not matter to Bethesda

He indicates that they already sort of have been doing that, Bethesda's legal team running classic lawyer bullshit; not just being unreachable but constantly cancelling and rescheduling calls, etc.

I was really sad to see their official response to it today. Really disappointed, although IDK why I ever thought a AAA game conglomerate would act any differently. Maybe I just didn't want to believe it would happen surrounding my literal favourite game franchise of all time.

Get hosed Bethesda, Id and Marty.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah, the resources thing is a legitimate concern for sure. Not sure what can be done about that

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I hope Mick has the lawyer equivalent of the Doomslayer in his corner.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Bethesda has lots and lots of tea they can spill, folks. Oodles, and also scads.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Blizzard took a nose dive into the poo poo, now it's Bethesda and co's turn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean even if Bethesda does have tea to spill it's hard to get past the massive hypocrisy of "We told our side of the story in a public place in a way that caused our contractor to be targeted, how DARE he do the same thing??"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If Mick's statement was false then they had an opportunity to provide a compelling statement that Mick was lying.

This ain't it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Shutting up would have been smarter, this only reinforces Micks’s specific claim that Marty is a Musk-level insecure rear end in a top hat.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I know they've said some bumf around Bethesda remaining their own entity, but surely Microsoft have a view on all this?

A very bitter and very public feud involving one of their publishing arms, where the other party's work is as good and as popular as it is, involving a massive IP that presumably they don't want to soil, can't be sitting well with Microsoft?

I dunno. That Bethesda statement sucks and I wonder if internally there's going to be some pressure to deal with this as cleanly and as quickly as possible.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

probably a lawyer statement for lawyer reasons, corporate accounts don't comment on this kind of stuff directly unless it benefits them in some way

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yea the court case would be one guy vs a corp lawyer army. Even if his case and evidence is solid it’s going to be an expensive and lengthy battle.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
The only way this will have any affect on Bethesda is a big gamer backlash, and by that mean boycotting their games. It would have to extend to all of Zenimax and possibly even Microsoft who owns them and allowed this tweet to go out. I can’t really see that happening with how many fan boys all these companies and sub companies have. But me personally as a lovely music composer, I’m never touching their poo poo again (Bethesda hasn’t released anything good in over a decade anyway), they did him dirty

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

If Mick's statement was false then they had an opportunity to provide a compelling statement that Mick was lying.

This ain't it.

I think it's an appropriate response to threats being sent to the peeps in question and they're obviously not going to empty their pockets of whatever information they have to refute Mick Gordon all over Twitter.

Still...

Remulak posted:

Shutting up would have been smarter, this only reinforces Micks’s specific claim that Marty is a Musk-level insecure rear end in a top hat.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
How do you spend an entire week coming up with a response, and the best you can do is a 4 paragraph "He's lying, no you can't see the evidence"?

AndyElusive posted:

they're obviously not going to empty their pockets of whatever information they have to refute Mick Gordon all over Twitter.

That's what they did last year though, at a point when they had way less reason to fight in public at all.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I dunno, Gordon did take 2 and a bit years to put out a thesis rebutting the Reddit post :v

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
He mentions spending a lot of time trying to fix being unpaid peacefully, and then via lawyers. :shrug:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

I dunno, Gordon did take 2 and a bit years to put out a thesis rebutting the Reddit post :v

If you ever have to enter into legal negotiations with anybody let me know how trashing them publicly before the negotiations conclude goes. Did you even read Mick's post? Edit: I may be dumb as hell.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 17, 2022

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I'm being somewhat flippant, hence the :v. I feel like I kinda need to, because I'm real sad about the whole situation around my favorite game and I want some levity.

And yes, once again I've read the post. You don't need to get all indignant and poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Esran posted:

That's what they did last year though, at a point when they had way less reason to fight in public at all.

Well that's just :sloppy:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Ah my bad, I'm a clod who did not see that :v. Sorry about that.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mick's post definitely makes it abundantly clear that the reason he didn't have a public rebuttal of the reddit post until now was because he was still trying to be a professional and get Bethesda to quietly delete it rather than make a big public blow up about it, hurting his client's reputation

Man gently caress bethesda

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Well that's just :sloppy:

What even is time.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Can anyone tell me how in the hell do I get this popping/cracking sound to go away when I play this game on PC?

It's literally driving me insane.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Katamari Democracy posted:

Can anyone tell me how in the hell do I get this popping/cracking sound to go away when I play this game on PC?

It's literally driving me insane.

Try opening the task manager and setting the game's process priority to high.

I know I've had other games with that issue and that was the solution.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm playing the DLC and the Trial of Maligog took me many tries to get through on Ultra Violence. I went and watched a streamer do it and he managed to do it on his like second try.

What I don't understand is that he was just strafing in one direction and the thing was missing him. When I was playing it, the thing was so accurate that strafing or even dashing in one direction wouldn't cut it, I had to pay attention to when it was about to fire and switch directions for it to miss me. How come mine was bullseying me every time unless I put specific effort and timing into dodging or ducking behind the shield while he was just, like, walking to the left?

edit: And if I was even on the same half of the arena as one of those cubes it would hit me no matter what I tried. I'm losing my mind, I don't understand why the ones I fought were so much better at shooting me!

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

I'm playing the DLC and the Trial of Maligog took me many tries to get through on Ultra Violence. I went and watched a streamer do it and he managed to do it on his like second try.

What I don't understand is that he was just strafing in one direction and the thing was missing him. When I was playing it, the thing was so accurate that strafing or even dashing in one direction wouldn't cut it, I had to pay attention to when it was about to fire and switch directions for it to miss me. How come mine was bullseying me every time unless I put specific effort and timing into dodging or ducking behind the shield while he was just, like, walking to the left?

edit: And if I was even on the same half of the arena as one of those cubes it would hit me no matter what I tried. I'm losing my mind, I don't understand why the ones I fought were so much better at shooting me!

It's hard to say what happened exactly but know that enemies are programmed to be more accurate when you're moving away from them and less accurate when you're moving towards them.

You could have moved sideways and back and the streamer you watched could've been moving sideways and forward.