Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A true test of SnapMap, I think, would be if one could recreate every single level from Doom 1 and 2 in it. If so, party on :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'd love to see Maps of Chaos 2 or something with remade maps, but with extra spots like stuff on a second, third, and/or basement level :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

Timesplitters actually had some pretty complex maps for the functionality it's map editor gave you, although I would imagine that after playing a ton of them they would start to feel kind of samey. That being said, Tenchu 2 had a loving awesome map editor for a console game.

I'm a massive Timesplitters fan, but I never really enjoyed many of the custom maps, because you really were limited to samey-looking blocks. In terms of console map editors for FPS games, I don't think anything has touched the original Far Cry: Instincts (Xbox). My god, it was INCREDIBLE.

Something I would have scoffed at had it not happened to me was getting tired of Forge maps in Halo Reach because of the colour palette used for all of the pieces. I mean, really... it's just a colour (or lack thereof), but godDAMN, did every single Forge map look like poo poo. Again I never would have thought it was possible to be put off from a map editor because of the look, but it happened. Everything was that dark grey steel with a bluish look, and that got tiring REALLY quickly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCigiEuRvrA

:barf:

It looks like a CG clip of a fake videogame from CSI.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to have seen this in Grandma's Boy or something equally horrible.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I hope Oswald and Zaphod kill each other itt

Blackfyre's custom title is extremely apt. :allears: