Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been calling this game Retard 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember that quake 2 HD remaster that came with quake 4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, I've been calling this game Retard 4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The worst part about Retard 4 is how slow it looks. Also regenerating health, cover based gameplay, poo poo multiplayer with more than likely pay to win elements lol, power ups based on preorders, piss filters, QTES, bad enemy design, it probably has a story, and he'll just about everything else

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is that quake 2 remaster available anywhere else?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

AirRaid posted:

No poo poo. And if I want to play it, I'll go boot up Zdoom and play it.

You posted a twitter response saying obliquely that hack modules would not be available via microtransactions, and people were apparently still unsure. The tweet I linked was a broader denial of any microtransctions in the game at all.

I'm not "trying to act like an expert", but I have seen every bit of media about this game torn apart on the Doomworld forums over the last couple of months, I've seen every argument here posted there more than once and every bit of information turned over every which way it can be by a bunch of people far more obsessed than I am. So, expert? probably not. But I have as much information about it as anyone else who isn't a journalist or id software dev who's actually played the game. Excuse me for chipping in to a conversation.

Uneffective troll is uneffective. If you bothered to actually look at any of the media you'd find that literally everything you just said was false. I guess "bad enemy design" is subjective.

I'm not trolling. Retard 4 has cover based gameplay, regen health, bad filters, QTE executions, and holy poo poo multiplayer with whatever "hack modules are" lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

A friendly reminder:

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Overall I predict the metacritic of Retard 4 to be around 60

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prav posted:

Come now, Bethesda's marketing budget is bigger than that.

They aren't really pushing Retard 4 to be honest. After the horrible reaction to each video I think they are just throwing Retard 4 to the wolves

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Lol The games going to sell millions and Bethesda does not give the slightest gently caress what a bunch of shut in hyper-nerds on a dead forum thinks about them or their products

You are delusional lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doom 1 and 2 are good games. This game (Retard 4) however looks like modern shooter garbage. Slow, QTES, pay to win multiplayer lol, piss filters, it's bad bad bad.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Bombadil posted:

As long as it has the "open the door, face hundreds of imps, shoot them all with shotgun" feeling of 1 and 2, and not lovely horror of 3, that's fine game by me.

It doesn't have that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

girth brooks part 2 posted:

yeah none of that matters. it's a doom game released by bethesda, all they have to do is show up to the party and there will be people lining up around the block for it. sorry about your tenuous grasp on reality

Show me the people hyped for the Retard franchise still please? This thread barely has 100 posts and the game comes out next month lmfao. The majority of people talking about how bad Retard 4 looks and how they ruined Retard. But whatever, have fun with a player base smaller than Evolve lmfao.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to pirate Retard 4 and then play 10 minutes to confirm its bad, then uninstall it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

You wont be able to play online then so be sure to install Quake Arena along side it and use a controller.

Quake 3 on dreamcast was fun. Retard 4 will not be

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Starhawk64 posted:

so how badly will i need to upgrade my pc for this game? everytime a new iD software game came out I had to completely overhaul my pc. hopefully since now I have an i5 and a GTX970 I can finally a new iD game without having to shell out $300 for new hardware. probably going to wait for a sale and review though, because honestly this doesn't really feel like a Doom game.

It's probably gonna run like poo poo no matter what hardware you have tbh

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hungry Bit posted:

Does this game have a super shotgun and does it own?

No

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
holy poo poo I didn't realize Retard 4 had time slow down when you switched guns lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metacritic prediction: 66

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Broose posted:

I like the new enemy designs. Definitely a step up from doom 3. Except the zombie men and I guess what are the imps look almost identical from a distance and are just varying shades of light brown. Cacodemons and pinkys look rad as hell though.

The designs in Retard 4 are a huge step down

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Bombadil posted:

It's not exactly not true.

What isn't?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Bombadil posted:

Calling it Retard 4 makes sense, I meant.

Yeah that's why I have been calling it that

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool idea for a mortal konbat finisher:

You punch a hole in the guys chest killing him and then his ghost sucks your dick through the hole lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should let you rape or be raped by demons in Retard 4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

HDoom exists, buddy.

Post some screens I'm at work

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kazvall posted:

I will not post hentai sprites getting hosed and instant-cummed here, no sir. You will have to discover HDOOM on your own.

Can you just give me a link plz

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Black Ops 3 is a way better shooter

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why does the marketing refer to this game as a different game? That never made much sense

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cowcaster posted:

I've been calling Black Baby Goku Retard 4

Nice one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There isn't

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogstile posted:

Who's BBG? I only see a retard 4

Turn your monitor on

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It got its name for a reason

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Linguica posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kfIrneQWE are you pumped to see youtube superstars play retard 4?

Oh hell yes! Muh fave youtubers playing muh favorite loving game series of all time, and with all the positive changes to the DooM formula [executions, cover based shootmans, power armor, regenerating health, piss filters, no FFA dM, and the all new ID tech 6!] Retard 4 is shaping up to be a monster :dance::f5::eng101::devil:

I for one cannot wait for Retard 4 to be released on the world and see Jontron, Kacietron, Bradtron, Jakechan, and Pewds show those demon bastards who the muh Fukken bawssss is! Can I get a Oh HELL yeah!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ohhhh mother loving HELL YES!!!!! I love load outs in my old school shootmans! Finally a way to level the playing field and make the game more fair for the newbs [not me]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Heavy Metal posted:

The loadouts thing makes sense to me. As they described it, it's just so people don't start out wandering around with the weakest weapon. But there are still plenty of spawns around the map you'll want to get a feel for. Sounds good, I don't think it harms the arena shooter genre.

Yeah it's a great idea :peanut: love me some load outs in muh shootmans. Halo FTW. Glad the retard 4 devs finally wised up and realized modern gamers don't wanna start with a lovely pistol and "search" for guns.