Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

NESguerilla posted:

This still cracks me up with how tone deaf it would have been if they went with this concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjy-1vbkQMo

Are you sure it wasn't an april fools? Because I refuse reality where it was meant seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I still think the only way to salvage the MP is to tell id to start again, basing it on the single player experience.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
The trailer is cinematic as gently caress, so there is basically zero indication of what the final game will be like, but still. Until the per class abilities I was ready to spend money for what looked like return to Q3 formula, but not anymore.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

WoodrowSkillson posted:

plasma rifles is the worst offender by far. Just too generic in general, especially when all of us have the original plasma rifle sound burned into our brains.

Oh god, I recently replayed Doom 2 (and have to say that some of the later levels got really obnoxious as far as figuring out wtf to do to progress) and that sound just came back.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
He mentions spending a lot of time trying to fix being unpaid peacefully, and then via lawyers. :shrug: