Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Coolguye posted:

I see nothing about co-op

my interest level has just dropped substantially

I'm with you. The exclusion of co-op in a game where the story isn't important doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially considering that co-op modes are becoming a standard feature in many games. The "horde" mode might be ok to a degree, but its not the same thing.

Also, replacing a proper SDK with "snapmap" is a poor decision. Sure, there might be more low to medium quality maps from the community due to the ease of the tool, but we'll also never get rich content created by indie developers or truly original maps not made from the x amount of templates that snapmap gives you. We'll also never get a true modded-in co-op mode like Doom 3.

I like the general concept of the game, but without co-op and an SDK, it doesn't really feel like a classic id title.

Severed fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
Has anyone had a chance to evaluate horde mode? How many maps ship with the game for this mode?

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Al-Saqr posted:

So IGN confirmed that they're stupid shitheads and gave the game a 7.1

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/doom-review-2?page=2

So basically they took a poo poo ton of points off of the game because of the multiplayer, a part that is purely optional.

YOu know what? Bethesda was right, if THESE are the frauds who call themselves game reviewers that we're dealing with, then good, gently caress giving them review copies.

who wants to bet that the next call of duty will get a 9/10 from these dorks? and that they'll say 'the single player was meh, but WOW TALK ABOUT THOSE MULTIPLAYER PERKS!!! 9/10!!"

Last I checked, the multiplayer is indeed part of the game. And it sucks. Why shouldn't they deduct the score for that?

Although I do agree that the biased sentiments towards other shooters is lame as well.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

TaurusTorus posted:

Ain't Id missing the picture, its Certain Affinity and Escalation.

This is a lame excuse. It's still id's game, and they certainly signed off on everything that both of those studios produced. The putrid multiplayer is 100% id's fault, no matter who they contracted to do the actual work.