Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The multiplayer seemed functional and solid but not particularly interesting. I like the movement options, double jump, ledge grapple, and trans-locator made it feel a bit UT99-ish. Lots of vertical movement and shooting too which was good. But the movement speed is pretty slow and some of the weapons just felt bad or weird. Damage felt kind of low for a lot of weapons, and then stupidly high for others. Also didn't care for the super weapons at all which just seemed really dumb, and from what I can tell their spawn point was randomized.

I don't have a whole lot of faith that this will be particularly great but I'm really hoping I'm wrong about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mordja posted:

I know it's not kosher to say, but I just can't stand watching people play multiplayer shooters with a controller.

E: Also I didn't see anyone so much as jump, UT comparisons are invalid.

Dunno what you guys were watching, but this game has double jumping, ledge grappling, and a translocator ala UT. Also lots of jump pads. The movement options don't feel bad, but the whole game feels extremely slow and plodding and not particularly interesting.

Also it does have ADS which I think someone asked about earlier.

Is the beta supposed to have anything the Alpha didn't? Debating if I should even download it or not since the Alpha was pretty mediocre.