Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

The Clap posted:

The reddit comments beneath Marty’s open letter are filled with the most gullible dolts on the planet fawning over id and saddling Mick with all of the blame.

I’m not really surprised that your average gamer doesn’t understand that corporations will lie when it comes to labor and contract disputes but none of them really take any time to consider the situation: this is one man, a freelancer, being blamed by a lead executive at a company. I’m not saying I would have known it was a farce from the beginning but I feel like anyone with some critical thinking skills could have seen the open letter (posted directly to Reddit of all places) was manipulative or, at a minimum, not the whole story.

I automatically assume management to be nothing but sociopathic snakes, that’s the default. I never read the letter Mr. Marty originally wrote, don’t play doom. I do listen to the sound track all the time though. As a gamer and (lovely) music composer I will never pay cent on an id or Bethesda game ever again. Well, until elder scrolls 6 comes out. So yeah won’t pay em another cent.

Soggy Muffin fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
The only way this will have any affect on Bethesda is a big gamer backlash, and by that mean boycotting their games. It would have to extend to all of Zenimax and possibly even Microsoft who owns them and allowed this tweet to go out. I can’t really see that happening with how many fan boys all these companies and sub companies have. But me personally as a lovely music composer, I’m never touching their poo poo again (Bethesda hasn’t released anything good in over a decade anyway), they did him dirty