Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I checked the first post, hoping to see something about this issue but did not, so I send out a post of hope in this almost-thousand page thread to try to get some help.

I'm on an Asus Swift X laptop, Windows 11. AMD Ryzen 7 5800U and NVidia RTX 3050Ti.

I had previously played Doom Eternal and loved it, uninstalled it. Now, maybe a year later give or take, I reinstalled it and an exciting variety of things started to happen. I wanted to note that I've had the same computer the whole time.

Initially, this all began with me trying to start it and getting the error like "cannot enumerate graphics device". I heard about disabling the primary GPU and using the AMD Radeon graphics instead (?!) just to get it to work.

I updated drives, etc. Now what happens is when I try to launch from Steam, I get a flash of a Steam bordered window and then nothing. Running the id launcher as admin gave me a dialogue box in steam that said "+com enablecrashhandler 1 +in_signaloncrash 0000000000000444 +win_spinoncrash 1". . And then, nothing.

It's so frustrating and I've spent hours trying to find resources online for anyone else who may have had this issue. So I'm reaching out to ya'll in this thread to check if anyone knows what I might be able to do. Thanks for any responses. And I'm Team Mick.

edit cacosnipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
That's one of the options I haven't tried because:

1. I generally don't like screwing around with any BIOS settings, for obvious reasons.

2. Wouldn't my 3050ti be better for handling doom's requirements?

Edit I did disable the primary GPU in Windows settings though,to no avail. The thing is that it used to at least tell me that it couldn't enumerate the graphics, but now (with the same settings), it doesn't even say that. Stream just tried to load it and then drops it.

Floodixor fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 5, 2023