Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I'm looking forward to a game that gets why 90s FPS games ruled because it was about shooting stuff and feeling satisfied doing it. From what I've seen Doom 4 gets this and I'll play it just to get something different from Modern Warfare games where you are supposed to feel bad for killing or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Zaphod42 posted:

Cross quoting from FPS thread:

"We could only fit 18% of the game files on the disc, so you'll have to download the other 82%. Hope you don't have a data cap!"

What makes the physical copy thing even more frustrating is that after you've registered the game to Steam, the disc is basically worthless. I remembering buying a used copy Mafia II a few years ago, only to realize that I couldn't install it because the included key had already been registered to another account (to be fair though, the place I bought it from caught on to that issue not too long after, and had a list of games they wouldn't accept.)

Even putting that aside, installing from the disc is still sort of pointless, as Steam would still need to download files to update it anyway.

That's pretty loving dumb, although I'm just going to download it all from Steam anyways so doesn't matter much to me.
[/quote]

I've given up on physical media for PC games for this reason. The required downloads are just so big nowadays you might as well skip the middle-man and buy it off of Steam. There is just no point in the physical disc existing with a 18/82 physical-digital ratio.