Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

That's definitely what it will be like when it's fully released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

I just beat the level Refueling Base in Doom II on Ultra Violence. That level can go gently caress itself; here's a video for those that need a refresher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XxbzcJS70

It's pretty straightforward if you go into it with a good stock of ammo, but I was going into it with about 30 bullets, 17 shotgun shells, 2 rockets, and 0 energy cells, which means I was using the loving chainsaw on like 70% of the enemies. Basically if it wasn't a Pain Elemental, Revenant, Arachnotron, Chaingunner, or Cyberdemon, I was chainsawing it in order to bank enough ammo to carry over to the next level. That means I was dealing chainsaw justice to well over 200 enemies.

:smithicide:

Yeah gently caress this level. I did a playthrough recently and ran into the exact same problem.. Ended up running past a ton of enemies cuz there's no way I was going to be able to kill them all with what I had.

e: but it's got my favorite DOOM music so I like it in that regard...

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

I think the game is Good and Fun so far

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

If you're not drunk please see a doctor