Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Segmentation Fault posted:

The Doom Collector's Edition is up for pre-order at Gamespot. $120 gets you the game, a metal case, and the 12" revenant statue. Pre-ordering either the base game or the collector's edition gets you the "Exclusive Demon Multiplayer Pack:"

:gonk:

I'm assuming that there's other ways to get the hack modules but I really dislike the idea of things that give you a straight advantage like that.

one time use hack modules? microtransactions incoming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rest of the images: http://imgur.com/a/eI5pT

quake movement is good
2 weapons in mp is bad

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Andrew Verse posted:

No deathmatch? What the gently caress are they doing over there?

:negative:

and no CTF? I am disappointed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/dm2xSjz.gifv

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Siege Mode upgrade breaks the game when combined with Rich Get Richer. :getin:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I want to fire that bfg 10k

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like Doomguy is almost nothing but calm. I mean, we look at someone ripping a demon in half and think "jeeze that dude's not very calm" but is doom guy screaming and shouting? Heck no, dude is just good at tearing apart demons, and while he isn't nonchalant or apathetic about it like a dull day job, he doesn't seem like he's in a constant rage. Hell, even in zerker mode, think Doomguy just enters a into that sort of in-the-zone sort of a hyper focus on how to quickly and efficiently rip apart all demons in the vicinity.

It will turn out that Doomguy was in heaven all along! He is able to rip and tear to his heart's content. :swoon:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MysteriousStranger posted:

I want Doom Guy to fight one of those city or building sized demons.

The glory kill better involve the bfg 10k

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

David D. Davidson posted:

Most of UAC's thinking as far as demons concerned was basically "hey lets cybernetically augment a bunch of demons, I can see nothing going wrong this."

And then of course, everything when wrong.

Demon energy = infinite power

so demon soldiers = infinite power?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

Developers have talked about adaptive music for what feels like forever but Doot is the first game I can think of where it really worked as advertised.

You forgetting about the Revengeance?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Doom 2016 has a great story until you get locked in an unskipable room of exposition while you cant do anything and when I didnt get 100% on that level the first time I quit the game for a few weeks because that pissed me off that much.

Barudak posted:

The Doom 4 we got lost an entire 1 point on a 10 point scale with me for just for that single exposition closet. I'm pretty extreme in my attitude, I'll admit that, but if you had a Doom 4 where that occurred dozens of times you would not end up with a good game that people uniformly praise. Think about old games that couldn't stick to the genre they are and so people have to couch any praise of the game and recommendations with that knowledge. Thats what would happen except possibly worse because its happening with non-gameplay.

itt Barudak during that unskippable cutscene:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Gear bullshit actively made that game WAY worse in my eyes.
I did have have fun with it though once I learned to completely ignore all gems that weren't elemental damage.

:agreed: There was just so much worthless loot and the UI wasn't the best for sorting through the mountains of loot.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GyverMac posted:

Did anybody play Doom on the switch? If so, how on earth was it? Asking out of morbid curiosity for a friend....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycX6RxW7Go

tldr it's ok. The resolution is still sub 720p and below 30fps 90% of the time (docked or undocked), but it's portable so

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Box of Bunnies posted:

The Eternal delay is kinda whatever to me, I can wait on that, but Doom 64 getting shunted back with it is the real bummer. Been super looking forward to that one after running through Doom 1 on my Switch since they fixed the lighting and music

:same: Just give us Doom 64 in November!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adnor posted:

Previews are going up:

And some more gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-T9UoVIN0

e: gameplay mechanics spoilers at the 12 min mark to the end of the video, if you care about that sort of thing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 21, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Watched some more vids. Gameplay looks good(definitely more hectic with more demons), but the UI is bad. I don't care for the increase of story cutscenes or platforming sections either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Two Owls posted:

Hmmm. Not entirely convinced by this yet. Very arena heavy, very gamey platform puzzling, and giving me a bunch of zoom-dash-double-jump powers and then putting in bits with goo where you can't jump or dash.

:agreed: with the too much platforming. That poo poo is sucking the fun out of the game for me.