Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There hasn't been a single good Doom game since Romero left. Now that Carmack is gone, the chances are slim to none.

Romero might be the biggest douchebag in the history of video games, but he knew how to do Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Machinegames seem to have taken over the job of making id's tech actually fun to play ever since Raven got drafted into pumping out CODs for eternity.

Maybe MG will make a new Wolfenstein with chainsaw and Nazi demons from hell.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The last three wolfenstein games have been excellent.

I don't think there's been a single bad Wolfenstein game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What ever happened to the roguelike doom?

http://doom.chaosforge.org/

Hasn't been updated in a while, but still the best Doom game in years.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

oswald ownenstein posted:

I mean basically you wanted to act like you know all about the inner workings at play while actually having no clue whatsoever and it entirely being conjecture - ie. "carmack was the man with the plan and everyone else blah blah blah turnover"

You don't know anything about the actual talent that works there or some of the senior guys that have been working at id for over a decade. You don't know anything about who the actual lead designers are, or what their resume is. You don't know anything about anything really, you're just running your mouth because you read an article a couple years ago about Doom being in development hell and know Carmack left.

Even regurgitating this line of "id games have been sloppy but technically impressive" is pretty much the equivalent of some dipshit yammering off corporate buzzwords in a meeting - I doubt you can even speak to what these 'technically impressive' feats are without googling or regurgitating something someone else may have posted about shaders or w/e

Basically you're just a big loving phony

my uncle works at id, ama

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Romero obviously doesn't read Playboy for the articles.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
FEAR had a pretty good shotgun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFLF3itB5A

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
For the doom cover they should do a homage to the weirdest Quake ad ever made:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

They did a whole bunch of them:

http://kotaku.com/quake-is-good-for-you-1609654451

Quake is forever is my personal favourite.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
At least they're not as embarrassing as some of the ads for Daikatana.

I even quite liked it :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I used to have the Doom board game. It went missing after I moved house and I'm 90% sure the moving guys stole it.