Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

You know I always hear this about Macs but I've never had any difficulty editing pictures or video on my windows machine and can't imagine how it would be "better" on a Mac (faster, higher resolution, finer degree of control?). Are there certain, ultra top of the line programs that are exclusive to Macs or what?

I'm not remembering 100% but basically it's just clever marketing and there isn't really anything a Windows PC just can't do that a Mac can. I *think* some things are easier/faster just because of the architecture of the OS but idk if that's even true anymore.

It's just people repeating some dumb poo poo they've heard. Like I think in the 90s the graphics processing on Macs was better and so now it's just 'Mac is better for video editing.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Applewhite posted:

You know I always hear this about Macs but I've never had any difficulty editing pictures or video on my windows machine and can't imagine how it would be "better" on a Mac (faster, higher resolution, finer degree of control?). Are there certain, ultra top of the line programs that are exclusive to Macs or what?

final cut pro is exclusive to mac iirc, but it's more for enthusiasts than professionals. real big-money productions have other dedicated software intended for top-level use, fcp is for small-time joints and like local news

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i use sony vegas

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
*is still joking about how nobody makes viruses for apple products in 2016*

*complains when games or software are not compatible with their mac*

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
i'm getting cucked

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

*is still joking about how nobody makes viruses for apple products in 2016*

*complains when games or software are not compatible with their mac*

http://bgr.com/2015/10/21/mac-malware-increase-2015/

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

eric posted:

i'm getting cucked

No but seriously the partners of self identifying "apple users" are probably cheating on them.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lol is that the filter for cuck

ahaha it is! C.U.C.K.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

that was the "still in 2016" part of the joke

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
*has more money than brains*

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
posted from my iPad

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Horniest Manticore posted:

lol is that the filter for cuck

ahaha it is! C.U.C.K.

cuck

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

you wizard!

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Mad Monk posted:

*Spends 2k on a mac laptop, goes to college majors in economics then bitches about how none of the stat/econ programs are available for Mac*

This happens to me at the beginning of every semester. What part of Apple marketing screams that the Mac is what you want for graduate level economic course work?

what even stats programs do you people use?

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
I got an econ degree and I never had to use fancy econ programs on my PC.

:shrug:

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
i do some biostats type data analysis and everything i could ever need is available for mac and it's easier to use the shared computing cores on campus because they're all unix based

like use whatever computer you want but talking about data/stats software not being available for mac is a weird argument

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

*does something on computer other than fixing computer problems*

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Skinny King Pimp posted:

i do some biostats type data analysis and everything i could ever need is available for mac and it's easier to use the shared computing cores on campus because they're all unix based

like use whatever computer you want but talking about data/stats software not being available for mac is a weird argument

All of the labs here use macs

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Dogstoyevsky posted:

*can boot second partition into Windows 10 anyway so who gives a poo poo*

*has a lovely user experience on windows because apple gimps their windows drivers intentionally* god why does windows suck so bad, i'm glad i have a mac

also: *posts in yospos*

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

a retard posted:

*has a lovely user experience on windows because apple gimps their windows drivers intentionally*

I hate them so loving much for this.

Why does iTunes have to run like SUCH poo poo on a PC? Why? Fuckstains. You didn't convince me to get a Mac, you just convinced me to stop using iPods.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
*fingers own rear end in a top hat. sniffs finger*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I've always wondered what this dude was thinking

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

im gay

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
*demands to be accommodated in programming classes*

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

he thought that this picture would make him look cool, that's why he got all dressed up in his fancy purple pants and cowboy boots. He probably posted it on his facebook with some long emotional screed about steve jobs

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Edgar posted:

but there is an accommodation

it's called running textedit files from the terminal

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Its called vim actually :psyduck: osx is good for power users and ios is the best mobile operating system there has ever been. And the hardware it runs on!!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

City of Tampa posted:

*carries broken computer into the mall*

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
e: poo poo im dumb sorry

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Edgar posted:

OSX is a unix underneath so idk why there would be a problem using it for programming.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
See YOSPOS mac threads as a warning of what participating in a consumer cult does to you

Cremnob and stux stared into the abyss a bit too long

Eggsucker
May 27, 2005
*goes to the kiosk at the mall and buys the exact phone case he was expecting to find.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*has a job*

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
*gets cancer and debates....modern medicine or 2000 calories a day of organic juice*

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Applewhite posted:

it used to be that macs were the best choice for many multimedia applications around 10 years ago but these days there's not too much of a difference. adobe started branching out and making a lot more programs that appeal to lots of graphic designers and gradually made them simpler to use, so the playing field really leveled out.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
*wants an android phone but is trapped in the software ecosystem because everything, including mail, music and photo accounts are all together so its too much of a ballache to move*

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

henpod posted:

everything, including mail, music and photo accounts are all together so its too much of a ballache to move

*pretends this is a good thing*

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

*needs to update flash*
*downloads DMG file*
*opens DMG file*
*does not realize that the installer still needs to be run from inside the DMG*
*wonders why flash still needs updating*

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

*needs to update flash*
*downloads DMG file*
*opens DMG file*
*does not realize that the installer still needs to be run from inside the DMG*
*wonders why flash still needs updating*

*doesn't realize the computer is doing him a favor by making Flash too much of a pain to bother with*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

BigBoss posted:

Welcome to 2016 where even burners have decent cameras and every flagship device has a good camera.

Yep, a flip phone from Walmart surely has the same level of photo quality as an iPhone.

• Locked thread