Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
*buys an iPod touch with fully functional Bluetooth connectivity*
*Pays cash money to actually be able to use it*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

*Wonders why they have to buy a new laptop anytime something is slightly gone wrong but doesn't question anything about it.*

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I might be getting a job at a school which gives macbooks to students, apparently they need a lot of support for iMovie. After mentioning familiaroty with bash, they told me 'we don't do much command line stuff'. *is going to end up as an IT crowd character*

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
*Thinks Thomas Edison's legacy to the world is just as important (if not more so) than Nikola Tesla's.*

*Survives off of a foodstuff made from sheer ignorance*

*Dies choking on a McRib while Siri explains the heimlich manuever's origins*

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
*Goes on Social Media Sites and Forums to ask around for peers' recommendations for "a better iTunes-like program" without even considering to google it themselves first*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

*still cant post a thread from his phone*

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It seems like all ANdroid phones suck....my Galaxy S5 cant even handle Snapchat w/o bogging down. So idk thinking about getting an iPHone

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I gave them woz

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

*shuts down without sitting through 35 minutes of updates*

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
* is a goddamn moron with plenty of spare cash

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stoatbringer posted:

*shuts down without sitting through 35 minutes of updates*

*starts up and waits 35 minutes for the app store to sift through all the garbage just to find one security update*

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

TheMostFrench posted:

I might be getting a job at a school which gives macbooks to students, apparently they need a lot of support for iMovie. After mentioning familiaroty with bash, they told me 'we don't do much command line stuff'. *is going to end up as an IT crowd character*

Most developers much less IT "harp darp i can fix your printer" support folks dont know how to use the command line not sure whyd youd bring that up in a conversation about imovie

PS. apple makes good hardware

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
*still pretends that Windows can't use Adobe products to justify slavish brand loyalty to my computer box*

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
*Keeps hitting the place where the back button should be. Realizes there is no back button and weeps*

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Haier posted:

*Keeps hitting the place where the back button should be. Realizes there is no back button and weeps*

ok to be completely fair to mac os the back button is cmd+[

of course this is entirely nullified by the fact that deselect is now cmd+shift+a

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

slowm posted:

*doesn't need virus protection"

this was always a weird argument to me because its like just loving download avast and adblock and youre set for virus protection

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

ok to be completely fair to mac os the back button is cmd+[

of course this is entirely nullified by the fact that deselect is now cmd+shift+a

I meant on the phones. Going from my Android to my iPhone pisses me off every time I want to go back.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
"Is successful enough to buy a new Porsche" or alternatively "Has the most boring and obvious choice in performance vehicle".
http://www.caradvice.com.au/409814/porsche-backs-apples-carplay-over-googles-android-auto-for-new-in-car-tech/

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Porsches kinda suck to drive imo but i bet apples car thing is better than any other cat software

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*has never given a woman an orgasm*

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.
Peachy

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
*Makes drat sure that every person I ever meet knows, without a doubt, that I am an apple fan*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*Works in IT.*

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

*can't stop stuffing dicks in my rear end*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*gets flushed down the toilet*

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm into retro Apple; pre-Jobsian Apple, in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Alex

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Goes to store for new iPhone.

Winds up buying an android because of their vast headphone selection.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Goes to store for new iPhone.

Winds up buying an android because of their vast headphone selection.

I didn't know how much I hated headphone choice until they removed the jack

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

radiatinglines posted:

I didn't know how much I hated headphone choice until they removed the jack

If you arent using apple earbuds or beats you are some sort of audioautist

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Mad Monk posted:

Depends on the prof. we have one that uses TSP/GiveWin. Then we have Gams, Gauss, SPSS, SAS, limdep, NLogit, STATA, and R (which I think is the only one that runs on mac).

literally all of those except limdep and nlogit work on mac

again, weird argument that i obviously care about

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Skinny King Pimp posted:

literally all of those except limdep and nlogit work on mac

again, weird argument that i obviously care about

I can hardly get TSP to work without using some weird workaround on Windows. Well, they might work on Mac but that's a lot of licenses to offer, they can buy the software on their own if they want it to work with Mac. I spend over 10K on license every year, I don't have the budget to offer more than one platform. I have no idea why we just can't use R, I'm just the tech guy and not an economist but it seems like it does what the others do (hard core SAS programming aside).

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

*acts like their laptop is some kind of holy relic to be worshiped instead of just a thing you buy and use*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

*acts like their laptop is some kind of holy relic to be worshiped instead of just a thing you buy and use*

I put anime stickers on my mac book air to show that i'm unique

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It seems like all ANdroid phones suck....my Galaxy S5 cant even handle Snapchat w/o bogging down. So idk thinking about getting an iPHone

Samsung'd

Get a Sony, Nexus, Moto, or HTC.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

this was always a weird argument to me because its like just loving download avast and adblock and youre set for virus protection

not even avast. microsoft security essentials on 7/windows defender on 8/8.1/10 is good enough nowadays if you use common sense

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
*buys Dr Dre Beats USB cable for 20 euros*

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a retard posted:

not even avast. microsoft security essentials on 7/windows defender on 8/8.1/10 is good enough nowadays if you use common sense

you have no idea how little common sense people have in regard to computers

someone once described the mse-lookalike malware to me as, "the nice popup lady." he was in his 20s

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 12, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I work at a tech company where we write Java stuff and people make fun of me for not using a MacBook

at work

it is the weirdest thing

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

itunes is the best media player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

loquacius posted:

I work at a tech company where we write Java stuff and people make fun of me for not using a MacBook

at work

it is the weirdest thing

macs are for watching youtube and sharing your photos

• Locked thread