Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Nakar posted:

The sole reward for even doing Escalations is the TAC-SMG Covert from completing 10 of them. That just means any 10 Escalations through lv5, no particular rating necessary. SA is strictly for dick-measuring and frankly almost nobody gives a poo poo about Escalation speedruns anyhow.

There are a few later-level Escalations with their own unlocks, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bogart posted:

There are a few later-level Escalations with their own unlocks, right?

Only achievements, iirc.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Nakar posted:

nobody gives a poo poo about speedruns anyhow.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The best part about escalations is being brazen as hell about killing anyone who gets in your way, unless there's one of those kill timer requirements. They give you a chance to mess around with the weapons you'd never use in story mode.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nakar posted:

I did SA for personal pride on all but two Escalations which I just said gently caress this to.

Which two?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Lupei Sensitivity and Reziko Conundrum. Lupei would be SA other than 1 Non-Target Kill, just didn't want to bother with the tunnel; Reziko is broken due to changes to the shopkeeper's behavior and properly isolating him seemed like too much trouble to be worth it so I just sniped him. I could probably do that one SA but I didn't see the fun in bothering.

There's an Escalation that is apparently actually impossible right now due to a broken condition but I'd already done it before the January patch so I escaped that one. Somehow I have SA on Mallory Misfortune, though I think it's much easier to get it on lv5 than the previous levels.

EDIT: The best Escalation is Kerner Disquiet and if you play no other thing in that mode play that one.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

I managed to clear the Paris escalation with the police uniform 30 second timer that failed the mission regardless of which outfit i changed out of. So i just rigged breaching charges on fire extinguishers and light rigs and setting them off as i ran towards the basement exit. Worked for all 5 levels.

I was one feat away from 100% Paris so i couldn't leave it alone.

edit: it was the videl cataclysm

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nakar posted:

There's an Escalation that is apparently actually impossible right now due to a broken condition but I'd already done it before the January patch so I escaped that one. Somehow I have SA on Mallory Misfortune, though I think it's much easier to get it on lv5 than the previous levels.

Which one is broken?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

Which one is broken?

Mayor Defacto posted:

I managed to clear the Paris escalation with the police uniform 30 second timer that failed the mission regardless of which outfit i changed out of. So i just rigged breaching charges on fire extinguishers and light rigs and setting them off as i ran towards the basement exit. Worked for all 5 levels.

I was one feat away from 100% Paris so i couldn't leave it alone.

This one. The disguise restriction is broken and will fail you if you try to use it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So i've been casually making my way through the game and enjoying it well enough but Bangkok has removed my enthusiasm a bit, any tips for a good first time play through this level. Where the good opportunities are and whatnot?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If you start the mission with lethal poison and book it to the restaurant bar and poison the 3rd plate from the left(I think?), you can take out Ken Morgan with no effort. An easy Jordan kill is stealing the Abel deSilva disguise and following that opportunity through.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Wandle Cax posted:

So i've been casually making my way through the game and enjoying it well enough but Bangkok has removed my enthusiasm a bit, any tips for a good first time play through this level. Where the good opportunities are and whatnot?

Check a note at the reception desk for a fun Ken Morgan oppourtunity, and 2nd the Abel De Silva one for Jordan Cross. Bangkok is great once you get a feel for where things are. I'd also check out the laundry room in the basement if you want some more freedom to explore.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

If you start the mission with lethal poison and book it to the restaurant bar and poison the 3rd plate from the left(I think?), you can take out Ken Morgan with no effort. An easy Jordan kill is stealing the Abel deSilva disguise and following that opportunity through.

3rd from the right- the easiest way to identify it is that it's actually framed in Morgan's profile image! Images are frequently (though not always) clues for challenges, targets and escalations.

Nakar posted:

This one. The disguise restriction is broken and will fail you if you try to use it.
Videl Cataclysm? Odd, I hadn't had any problems when I ran it not too long ago...

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday

ChaosArgate posted:

If you're patient, I'm not sure it matters? If you never bring him up to his suite, he'll just wander around the lobby/patio/restaurant aimlessly, eventually trying all of them, I think.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/NaiveDisloyalAssassinbug.webm

Hadoken!

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wizard of the Deep posted:

If you're patient, I'm not sure it matters? If you never bring him up to his suite, he'll just wander around the lobby/patio/restaurant aimlessly, eventually trying all of them, I think.

After the first plate, he chooses at random so you can get stuck waiting for him to loop a lot of times. If you miss that, the second easiest is to drop the lights on him as he walks up to the plates.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mayor Defacto posted:

Videl?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mondian posted:

After the first plate, he chooses at random so you can get stuck waiting for him to loop a lot of times. If you miss that, the second easiest is to drop the lights on him as he walks up to the plates.
If you don't mind a few seconds' waiting this method is better than poisoning him in general just because it saves you a loadout slot. If poisoning required any actual effort this would probably be the go-to but since the guy(s) are loving blind the poison kill is much easier than it's probably meant to be.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just finished each of the missions for the first time. Where should I go from here?

Started doing the movie sapienza mission, went through the Jumppad opportunity, but nothing happened? Should I have killed him or did I gently caress something up?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

w00tmonger posted:

Just finished each of the missions for the first time. Where should I go from here?

Started doing the movie sapienza mission, went through the Jumppad opportunity, but nothing happened? Should I have killed him or did I gently caress something up?

Is that the one where the jump pad launches him into the robot's mouth? If I recall you need to mess with the mouth controls (from up and inside the robot's head) so that he gets turned into mince meat when he gets launched up through it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
One of the effects guys will eventually​ notice the jump pad being overloaded and will correct it. You should hit the button as the action sequence starts.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How exactly should I do the Paris escalation mission were I have to have a pistol equipped at all times and I can't wear a security guard outfit? I have the feeling I'm missing something because right now it seems impossible.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Dr Cheeto posted:

One of the effects guys will eventually​ notice the jump pad being overloaded and will correct it. You should hit the button as the action sequence starts.

That's probably what happened, that would make sense

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

shut up blegum posted:

How exactly should I do the Paris escalation mission were I have to have a pistol equipped at all times and I can't wear a security guard outfit? I have the feeling I'm missing something because right now it seems impossible.

Adrian Eclipse? What's giving you trouble?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

You can hide it for up to 7 seconds so hop from safe spot to safe spot.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Discendo Vox posted:

Adrian Eclipse? What's giving you trouble?

Yes. I'm just so used to play it safe that walking around with a pistol at all times gives me trouble. But I guess

Kuiperdolin posted:

You can hide it for up to 7 seconds so hop from safe spot to safe spot.

This is the answer. I'll see what route I can find.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

shut up blegum posted:

Start in the basement as Palace Staff and go straight upstairs, hiding your pistol as you go. It'll take you right to the area where all the targets are (or will be, if you miss them and they go upstairs). Once you're free and clear in the big empty central room you can loiter with the pistol drawn and everything should be cool. Lure targets into that room if possible. You can leave by the helicopter if you're feeling confident in your pistol holstering skills but if not just go back down the basement way. Once you're in the stairs the only people of consequence are the tech crew guy who is barely ever looking and the chefs, and there's more than enough time to holster the pistol, run through the kitchen, and exit.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just did the Adrian eclipse final mission, and as I was exiting through the basement exit the mission failed because I didn't have the pistol equipped. I was holding it as I left the level! :argh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just did the Adrian eclipse final mission, and as I was exiting through the basement exit the mission failed because I didn't have the pistol equipped. I was holding it as I left the level! :argh:

:rip:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

StrixNebulosa posted:

Lol, same but on level 4. I think you have to skip the cinematic? Really dumb though.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
I had a bug on a Sapienza escalation where I wasn't allowed to kill non-targets, but trying to leave with the car somehow caused someone to die, failing the mission.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That escape is a little weird, sometimes there'll be a pedestrian in the road and the game'll run them over, which counts against you.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I ran someone over with the tuk-tuk in Bangkok, for some reason that didn't seem to count.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It's kind of strange, but it almost seems like the jank has increased as the game has been fully released. There has been a few QoL UI improvements, but the actual gameplay and even some of the map bugs have almost become worse now than it was last year.

It makes me a bit worried that it wasn't just a surprise hit for IOI, but also an accidental hit, and that they don't quite grasp what makes the game good and what doesn't, so they keep adding in new ideas and tweaks that just doesn't mesh well with the gameplay and dynamics they've created.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
That's a bit extreme.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Elusive Target has the same bug apparently: He can escape in his car while lying dead next to it if he's killed too late. The timers do not update immediately and can run out even though they shouldn't. On PC you can exploit this on Adrian Eclipse and reset the pistol timer before anyone can even see the gun come out, but controllers can't do that as quickly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tippis posted:

It's kind of strange, but it almost seems like the jank has increased as the game has been fully released. There has been a few QoL UI improvements, but the actual gameplay and even some of the map bugs have almost become worse now than it was last year.

It makes me a bit worried that it wasn't just a surprise hit for IOI, but also an accidental hit, and that they don't quite grasp what makes the game good and what doesn't, so they keep adding in new ideas and tweaks that just doesn't mesh well with the gameplay and dynamics they've created.

Can you elaborate on what exactly has gone wrong? I just got into the game recently and it feels fine to me, that one bug aside. (That I can circumvent by button-mashing.)

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My first failed ET. I was spotted when I sniped him from the water tower and got filled with lead.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
:razz: "Fire extinguishers are for losers. Lemma put a propane tank and breach charge here on the stairs. Also a safe."
:stat: "Oh no! I see a weapon right here, someone get help! I can't possible account all the money with it here."
:razz: "I wonder if he is in range......" *hits button*
:stat: "This shrapnel is not tax deductible!"

Relatively easy Silent Assassin, but fun enough I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

When I was trying to complete Sniper Assassin and Suit Only at the same time on Colorado, I forgot that Rose spends a long time in the workshop on the way back from the bomb range. I hit the other three but missed him right as he went in. So I had to wait a while before shooting him. Then I looked down:

They don't ever leave.
Lesson learned, the second attempt went fine.