Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

does every level have a super suit? bodyguard could go anywhere in paris (though got IDed by a couple of upper stairwell guards), i sorta wanna run around in a biohazard suit in sapienza

and i have to do colorado for the first time so i have mastery for the elusive man from mass effect, which is totally who that guy is

this games pretty great, i am killing people with toilets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

question about krueger and the bandage face hokkaido guy - if you don't 'complete' the outfit (makeup for krueger, remove bandages for hokkaido) are there any drawbacks to that?

Aug 24, 2011

i was really excited to watch videos of people doing elusive targets but most of the shitbags just use propane/fire extinguisher 'accident' kills which is really boring to watch

that food critic one was hilarious but it was the exception that proves the rule. i'm really glad that for my first elusive target i won't feel even slightly compelled to use an explosion 'accident'

wonder where he'll patrol... knocking him out then dropping a hay bale on him or something might work?

Aug 24, 2011

i'm looking for the opposite of super suits now

hokkaido has a lot, baseballer, ninja, motorcyclist

bangkok has the stalker (which is really funny)

colorado has the default suit (boring but ok)

sapienza does not have one? plague doctor said trespassing, so i don't think it is a full-hostile suit

paris i think also does not have one

marrakesh should be the prisoner, haven't checked this one

Aug 24, 2011

haha director kill on yamazaki is pure 47

"in the meantime... watch your back"

Aug 24, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Less boring: scarecrow.

is scarecrow a starting location?

also i am trying out the elusive guy now. actually quite nice that he doesn't show up in red - feels more like a hitman game now

Aug 24, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

also i am trying out the elusive guy now. actually quite nice that he doesn't show up in red - feels more like a hitman game now

i take it back where the gently caress is he. must be in the mansion

Aug 24, 2011

i am probably wrong but

one of roses guards looks sorta like him? my graphics are turned low and i am not willing to risk this... yet

e: its the same guy not in elusive so nevermind i guess. he is hiding really well drat

e2: the only missing starting spot is hacker disguise so he is almost certainly in the house somewhere

e3: ok yeah he's in the upstairs hacker room doing roleplay. i got in really easily by starting as a militia in the greenhouse, grabbed emetic from the orchard agency drop (i am new to this game so i dont know if this is good), ran into the little trailer and grabbed the elite guard outfit. i got some white static attention but nobody busted me (did this twice in 2 runs, so it does work) then ran into the house. camera saw me (again, i am new to this)

i'm behind some boxes since he's got a single personal guard that goes onto the balcony periodically (if this is the black guard that patrols along the corridor, the route was changed - he just patrols between the hacker room and the balcony). the two hackers might give me some grief for the hit, but if i can emetic him (he sits down to roleplay, but stands up as well) he should go throw up. he drinks from his water bottle as well but i only have injected, not rat poison - plus he'd see me for sure

the data is in the hacker area as well, in the room adjacent to the target

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 13, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

i emeticed him and he vomited in... the trash can, next to the bathroom. the knockout was trivial, but i need to find a window to toss him out since he won't go to the toilet to be drowned

Aug 24, 2011

ok, i killed him, but apparently even though it was an accident, them finding the body (i dropped it out a window) counts as body found and no SA rating

Pennfalath posted:

put a coin on the toilet seat

yeah poo poo i should have tossed a thing into the bathroom and just drowned him. gently caress

my route was:

militia in greenhouse

run to elite guard outfit in trailer, put it on, ignore static noise

run up the ramp, go left, hug the fence so the camera doesn't see you

there's a window on the left side of the house, leading into the camera recording room, and a guy who sees through your disguise, just run past and upstairs

emetic the target when nobody is looking

lockpick the bathroom door (facing out of the hacker room, go left, then it's the first door on the right)

he'll barf in the trash can next to it

do whatever the gently caress you want at this point

to get the documents, go back into the hacker room, wait until they're both out then get it - or if only one of them is in, go outside the room and toss a coin to the left, then go in and retrieve

exit house same window you came in, exit mission via bridge

very easy mission and i would SA it if i knew the mechanics beforehand lol

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 13, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

ET: stuck a emetic syringe in his butt, took him down next to the trash can when he went to puke, and dragged him into Rose's room after I took care of the lone guard there. Then just shoved him out the window onto the awning and gave him a little kick and that was the end of that.

for me they saw his body so i lost SA

CJacobs posted:

Your tutorial mission target in Absolution is Diana. 47 conveniently shoots her in the stomach-ish area and then has to leave because security arrives. This leaves her fate ~ambiguous~ until the ending where it is revealed that she faked her death and he shot her in a very non-Hitman-y way on purpose because he didn't want to kill her. Which in hindsight is pretty obvious, because it makes her like the only Hitman target to be killed off in a cutscene, and also baldy probably has a crush on her or something I dunno Absolution isn't very well written.

i think it's because she's the only person he knows, except for agent smith

speaking of smith... useful guy

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 14, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

things i understand to be true:

1. i need level 19 (christ) paris to start at the auction
2. i need level 15 (workable) marrakesh to get a rubber duck
3. i need level 20 (goddammit) hokkaido to get loadout slots
4. i need level 15? colorado for disposable scrambler, for hokkaido RFID in the morgue

Aug 24, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Remember that completing a mission gives you all the mastery points accumulated in total since the last time it was completed, meaning that you can complete a challenge and reload to a game state prior to that challenge (or to the end of the level in a different playthrough) and still get the points. So if you want to climb the ranks, spec your loadout to beat as many challenges as possible, keep a save from right before you kill a given target (plus one from right before you exit the mapt), then just rack up the challenges. You can get to 15+ in less than an hour this way.

You can also replan the mission and get the easy points from beginning the mission in different disguises / load a game where all targets are down and get easy points from exiting the level in all possible ways.

yeah i did this for the baseball masked guard knockout challenge

i am also planning on making a contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will see if it works and if it does i will post it

Aug 24, 2011

ok heres my contract

silent assassin go

Aug 24, 2011

wow the yoga lesson. i know 47 is good at blending in but i didn't realise he was a legit yoga master to boot

Aug 24, 2011

is there a faster way to get the RFID chip off smith? specifically i want to skip the conversation, trying to SASO and just got level 20 hokkaido, but might be dipping my toes in here for other things and would like to get this part over with quickly

Aug 24, 2011

i am attempting a TRUE HITMAN RUN of bangkok, SASO, playing recording and shooting cross from the chair in the signature suit, ultimate badass style

what i am wondering

1. if a person question-marks over their head from seeing me, does this void "never spotted"? never got suspicious or anything like that, just used it to lure dexi

2. jordan obviously sees 47 in the chair. that won't void spotted will it? it does the full hazey dot above head thing but he doesn't go through the panic thing, just does the correct scripted stuff

3. how the hell am i going to get back down?

Aug 24, 2011

nevermind i did it. that was pretty great i felt like a badass and i got saso

Aug 24, 2011

i ended up getting in (and out) via the glass roof area, sneaking through the room full of band members watching TV (not the party room), knocking out the one guy on the balcony, climbing up the pipe

then in the recording studio, went right through a lounge, forward past the recording booth, through a bathroom? then took the stairs on the opposite side of the pipe

once up, verrrrrrrrrrrry carefully snuck around dexi (had to wait for her to be on the phone, then move when her head turns), distract her through the room with the guitar in it, knock her out, take her poo poo, go to her room and take her other poo poo, then back to the stairs and go into jordan's room

i went to the effort of getting the master keycard but it was totally unnecessary

shoulda done it in the santa suit

Aug 24, 2011

i wish non paris maps had more escalations, there's like 20 vs 1 on hokkado/colorado and 2 on bangkok

sapienza has a good amount, marrakesh i always forget but it appears to have 7

Aug 24, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There's a challenge for doing it dressed as a bodyguard so I assumed you'd only get the prompt to sit while wearing that disguise.

ah, poo poo, really?

ok that cements it, i will never be good at this game

Aug 24, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

General PSA for ETs: the kreugermeier subsonic pistol makes zero sound when you fire it and when you hit something. This means you can just shoot any security server anywhere, and as long as no one sees you fire, you're clean.

where to get this gun? i am using the no-frisk one atm

Aug 24, 2011

weird claus just stared at his empty safe and became sick. easy drown achieve i guess. gonna try for the oil barrel double burn now... i sent zaydan down to the tunnels, now i am gonna pull the fire alarm and get claus down there too. hope that does it

e: pushing it updated the opportunity and revealed that i can get both keywords. oops

Aug 24, 2011

trying to do the dance til you drop kill and it's not unlocking :mad:

i got the easter egg up and running no problem (except for some fuckwit waiter who walks right into the school to turn the intercom off... repeatedly) and i killed zaydan but no unlock

e: ended up restarting (at my shiny new school starting location) and it worked properly this time. really awesome easter egg.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 17, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

White rubber duck, I wonder what could trigger you.

minorities

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's a proximity sleep gas bomb. Alternatively, white phosphorous.

thats overpowered as gently caress

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 18, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

i hope they re-release them after fixing the retarded bullshit like breach charge next to a fire extinguisher

Aug 24, 2011

just did TUPPENCE A WISH in bangkok, all that bullshit about hitting the rocks is bullshit, i bounced 13 coins off the waterfall into the water and got the achievement

Aug 24, 2011

if anybody here has not done the ABEL DE SILVA opportunity in bangkok, 47 has some excellent lines if you follow it to the end. i suggest starting in the linen closet, grabbing the master keycard, then running to the keycard room adjacent to where de silva starts, lure him with a coin then take his stuff

seriously its good

Zigmidge posted:

This was changed long after release so everything you see written about the rocks was prior to that and weren't bullshit.

huh ok

Aug 24, 2011

i have been starting that escalation in the iago auction but i will try recording crew for the last level

i will push the waiter? over the balcony and fire extinguisher breach the other guy (which is bullshit but they asked for it)

i like the sticky pistol thing, that is clever. hope they do the same thing with a larger weapon so you can't just stow it for 5 seconds to get past guards

also i have recently discovered how incredibly easy hokkaido is. i knew it wasn't too tough but wow it's a joke now

Aug 24, 2011

err i breach charge fire extinguishered the auction guy and it said it wasn't an accident? are fire extinguishers not explosives now?

Aug 24, 2011

meiko incarnation is pretty cool, i poisoned some food for level 1 and used a rubber duck for level 2, but now i gotta shuriken some dudes

this is pretty good, shame i can't save though

Boiled Water posted:

You might have hit him with the breach charge if it was on top of him.

that's lethal? wow

Aug 24, 2011

music for Hitman: Codename 47 is really good and i hope they incorporate it into the new hitman at some point

poptart_fairy posted:

So hey, watching the E3 trailer again, who's the guy in sunglasses making snuff photography of that woman in a yellow bikini? I can figure out who everyone else is meant to be in the game but I draw a blank with that dude. Was looking forward to throttling him.

one of the catwalk girls at 1:16 has 47's blue eyes so it was probably possible at one point to disguise as a model

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 22, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

Kolnikov posted:

Messing around in Hokkaido (Ninja-only kill everyone run) and I finally got around to turning the Curator's meds down instead of up with the remote control and watching what he does. Highly recommended.

when he reaches the end of his route, turn them back up, then finish the level

Aug 24, 2011

LeJackal posted:

Unlike Sapienza. gently caress you, Dr. Osctard, for walking into an already occupied bathroom to vomit!

"hmm im already in this one-person bathroom and a guy just walked in to vomit in the toilet. thats cool.

woah hey freaky bald guy, this stall is occupied. there is a person in here already. why don't you go somewhere else?"

Aug 24, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

The sauna, I found out, can kill anyone so don't use it to stash unconscious people.

for the namaste challenge the npc panic effect means they won't actually leave the sauna and they will die

counts as accident too right? SASO elusive targets here i come

Oceanbound posted:

The guy pooping has his pants on.

ahahahahahaha

Aug 24, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Season 2 starts with 47 in a padded cell of an insane asylum.

remake of codename 47/silent assassin? that could be pretty good

Aug 24, 2011

Samopsa posted:

Yeah, the escalations are good, even if some contain seriously unfun things like tripwire mines and such.

I'd recommend going ham on a level sometimes with a silenced shotgun or assault rifle, it's very liberating to just get a security guard disguise, walk up to the target, and start murdering fools.

i don't know why i never thought of doing that. do the weapons have enough ammo?

Aug 24, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My goodness. Assassinating somebody at Comic-Con. That would be really incredible.

they would have to make like 50 unique outfits

which would be great

because you could wear them all

Aug 24, 2011

THE SZILASSI DARKNESS trip report - sapienza escalation

it's really poo poo, you repeat the same thing 5 times. start in ICA safe house, smuggle rifle to same location, snipe both targets from the rooftop exit, drop sniper, exit at boat, repeat 4 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

THE SOMSAK EQUATION trip report - bangkok escalation

whole lot of waiting for the 3rd guy to show up, levels 4 and 5 are identical, going from 3 to 4 was interesting though

e: trying to continue meiko incarnation in hokkaido - try starting as a surgeon if you haven't, kai says some funny things to the chief surgeon

e2: for level 5 meiko you have to have the specific disguise when killing the director as well, not just the surgeon. loving hell

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 25, 2017