Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Professional Mode, is there a way to walk around with a sniper rifle unmolested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try aiming the camera a little higher, or just play around with it in general.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well the game does warn you, possibly multiple times

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

18/20 for level 10 pro mastery

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh, I've only ever done it by donning a hazmat suit and distracting the guys inside by messing with some consoles, and then killing the virus through the computer terminal there. Seems like the most stealthy way to do it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will say, the least fun part of the game for me is exiting a level. It's always a chore, even if I've hosed up and guards at shooting at me, but I can't think of a way to fix it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every Professional challenge requires the completion of the mission, so that's what's wearing me down a little.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That is pretty smart. But it still requires you to escape twice, which is specifically what I don't enjoy doing...

It's my fault, probably, because I generally prefer slowly walking around like I'm roleplaying as The Smooth and Confident Hitman instead of running everywhere

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I kinda want in on that cuddle puddle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress with the clock, gently caress with the pencils in his room, gently caress with the valve in his bathroom. It's been a while, but I think that's what you need.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I really wish the game had a briefcase for your sniper rifle. With the changes to how suspicious weapons work in Professional Mode, getting the sniper challenges done seems prohibitively difficult.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone successfully completed the Dance Till You Drop challenge in Professional Mode? I can't find the radio anywhere, and I'm 99% sure I've dismissed everyone that could be dismissed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Eggnogium posted:

I did but not sure I can help you much, I just made one pass on both floors and walked up to everyone who couldn't see through my outfit. Pretty sure none of the guards out front or in the alley were dismissible. Also make sure you didn't take any regular elites out while getting the officer disguise.

Oh poo poo, I think that last point is what's doing it. Thanks!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I shot a bullet outside the security room, that worked out okay.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And is extra hilarious

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

People were saying getting the Sniper Assassin challenges were piss easy even on Professional, but there must be some mechanic I'm misunderstanding because lugging a sniper rifle from one perch to another seems impossible, given that it's a suspicious item even when wearing a military disguise. Sniper Assassin specifically doesn't let you get spotted so I dunno what the gently caress to do.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Marrakech.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah these are great, thanks.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There is some bugginess with some of the triggered stuff in Pro mode, I've found. First time I brought Ken Morgan to his suite, the staff left; second time, they didn't. First time I spoke to Jason Cross on the roof as the drummer, his bodyguards stuck to him throughout; second time, they stood guard further away, where they're supposed to be.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So if you poison a person without being seen, but someone finds their body, does that count against you or not? I'm never clear on these things.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

On pro mode, though, wearing a guard uniform won't save you from suspicion, which is interesting but also underlines the need for a briefcase...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd argue that the game isn't balanced as it is, some challenges are clearly easier and more efficient than others, and it doesn't matter.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm personally okay with overpowered items, it's a single-player game. But I do understand that lots of people play for the leaderboards, or otherwise cannot justify using anything but the most optimal route and most effective loadout. I... just really want a sniper briefcase, they're really cool :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How is that any different from Season 3's air strikes?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

quote:

Subdue Prompt
We've fixed an issue that could cause the 'subdue' prompt to disappear when an NPC is picking up an item or when they are close to a wall.

Is that a fix to the "punch people when all I wanted was to choke them" problem people have been reporting?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone have any vague hints for this Elusive Targets? I'm having trouble finding a loose thread.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never tried doing that before. What am I doing wrong?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can use regular lock picks to open the safe.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm having trouble doing the "Poison all four targets" challenge for Professional Colorado. There are two lethal pill vials on the map, which is the perfect amount to poison the two women, as they're the only two who drink. But now I have just one syringe, the one that I bring, to poison the two guys. There's supposed to be an extra syringe in the main house's basement but it looks like that's not available in Professional Mode. So what am I meant to do?

e: Found it. It was there all along :doh:

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 20, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You later unlock a neat pistol that you can sneak through frisk stations, but it only has like five bullets.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Professional Hokkaido is kicking my rear end. The hotel / sauna / restaurant half is surmountable but the hospital section is terribly tricky, particularly the morgue. Tons of cameras, twice as many guards as regular Hokkaido. I'm guessing that once I unlock ICA pickups it'll be a bit more manageable but right now I'm having trouble completing the map even once.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think the best way to complete Professional Mode is to do what I did: get Silent Assassin done as soon as possible. Then, in later runs, there'll be so much less pressure and you can start shooting people in the head with impunity.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm 80% sure they can if and only if they saw you step into the closet.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish Escalations allowed for a single save.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:allears:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The sound of a penny dropping two rooms away, the sirens' song, temptation itself

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It is PC only. I tried it a few days ago. I don't get it at all: I tried shotgunning the guy from across the river but it didn't take. So I had to try again and snipe him.

Also the hotel staff never bothered to bag this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Two kid assassins, having to have one step onto the other's shoulders to use adult disguises.