Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Samopsa posted:

One easy way is to set off the fireworks, wait a while, and push dahlia.

Don't their bodies get immediately found after that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT12r17GeWU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

double nine posted:

the bodies'll get discovered though. I'm talking finding a way to murder both without witnesses and with enough time to hide the bodies. And no KOs. It is probably impossible but I'm asking anyway.

look at the video I posted

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Can't you still get challenges like that using the custom contracts? I saw some stuff on Youtube showing that last night working through Sapienza

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I feel like the idea that you have access to the trackable opportunities and extra intel is supposed to represent Diana helping you out

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

One thing puzzling me about that opportunity:

after the sick drum solo Cross wants to talk with you "alone" on the balcony, which is where I'm supposed to push him into the glass. Last time I tried it he had two bodyguards with him, one of whom was even standing on the same space Cross was. I assume I have to somehow know who those guys are and get rid of those guys too beforehand?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The one time I've done it the bodyguard(s) followed us to the spot on the roof where Cross starts talking, but before he went into his speech he told his bodyguards to give us some space to have a private conversation. Maybe him not saying that to the bodyguards was a glitch or missed flag? Did they get hung up on something en route and hadn't yet gotten to that area when the Cross AI did a check for them?

I distinctly remember the target saying he wanted space, and the others still just following him anyway. I'll have to try it again tonight I suppose; I'm trying to finish mastery of each map before I move onto the next one at all outside of the Elusive Targets.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

How often do the featured contracts cycle? I seem to remember seeing "Wrong Tool To Cut" on the frontpage for weeks.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the shiekh's fuckin crazy

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

where the red fern gropes posted:

THE FARLEY CRESCENDO trip report - colorado escalation

very easy escalation, start as hacker, it all takes place in the farm

level 1 kill a guy
level 2 kill two guys
level 3 kill two guys and hack a laptop (bit trickier, a good use of the escalation system)
level 4 kill two guys and hack a laptop, and more people will see through your disguise (same as level 3, it's like 2 extra people and after about a minute of patrolling they're not in your way)
level 5 kill two guys and hack a different laptop, and you can't equip the militia elite disguise (same as level 3/4 except the laptop moves to sean's room; bring a lockpick or breach charge. militia elite restriction causes no issues since you have to do your kills as a hacker anyway)

glad to see a new escalation in colorado, even if it is extremely easy (SA level 5 no issues). hope to see one in hokkaido next, i love hokkaido.

I've done almost none of the escalations so I really appreciate your quick summaries of them. It's going to come in handy when I decide to knock a few of them out

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I wonder if they ever fixed the bug that caused SHIEKH ZANZIBAR's wall-penetrating magic during Giant Bomb's Hitsmas video

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

yooowhatsup freeze ahhrmy

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

So I'm Hokkaido mastery 1 because I haven't done the map at all. Am I totally hosed to do this ET if I don't get Mastery up first?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

njsykora posted:

Every Hokkaido run now I start in the morgue to grab that card, it's just way easier to do that level when you don't have to worry about what disguise can go where.

Yeah that Master RFID thing rules

Discendo Vox posted:

augh, not sure how to handle the SOSA/Ninja challenges on Hokkaido pro when I don't have the slot unlocks- and when I need them to get the slot unlocks!

Both are very doable without the slot unlocks; I havent done Ninja personally but I was able to figure out a route for SASO Hokkaido starting from Rieper's room without watching anything on youtube. If you're still looking to get the SASO I'd suggest checking out the pipe leading down from the overlook in the garden

Having only done Hokkaido just now I think it's a fantastic map overall: really interesting ideas, challenges, limitations, and ways to get around all of them. Not sure if I like it as much as Paris and Sapienza but it's definitely in the conversation.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jerusalem posted:

Well poo poo, I better get on them then!

I think I found the female Doctor but I haven't tracked down the disease yet, you can only kill them once right? Or do you get the full stretch of time to take them out in multiple ways?

They can only be killed once, and your hitman-vision will not reveal them in red the way it does other targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1uxVvg078w

mp5 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 28, 2017

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

shut up blegum posted:

What's this talk about fire extinguishers? I only use them to bop people in the head with, am I missing something?

Mostly once you get the breach explosive you'll see how it works but you can basically use a fire extinguisher as a mobile explosion accident anywhere you want

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

where the red fern gropes posted:

new target is up

not difficult

Was it the propane tank breach bomb trick again or was there another way?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Discendo Vox posted:

Eurgh, it's Kotti. I'll pass.

why

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Discendo Vox posted:

Kotti's the guy on the balcony in Sapienza (thanks to winning a contest in the Absolution days), and he also got to co-design the Kotti Paradigm escalation. He's also one of the most vocal, obsessive and entitled of the streamers in the Hitman community- a group of people who get really angry if everything the devs do doesn't cater to their speedrun/streaming/obsessive challenge style of play. These are people who get mad that it's not possible to complete every target, escalation and ET suit only, or from across the map using (traffic-generating) explosive tricks. If he's the one behind this, it's probably because he wants to use it as leverage to make the devs do something.

Way to take a stand I guess but unless I'm missing something isn't it just a place people can go to log bad ratings on bad elusive targets? Like the one currently active?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

skooma512 posted:

gently caress, I forgot the ET again

dammit, I thought I had one more day :(

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

horse mans posted:

I just went through the whole thread and realized that since I just got started playing and never did any ETs, I'll never get any of the cool suit unlocks. I'm sad.

Doing a single ET with SA awards you a cool suit which is unique in that it's the only one beaten all to poo poo, so you have time to get it still

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I think there's one more after this upcoming one

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It's nice to finally be done with ET suit unlocks so you can go hogwild and snipe a target like this without FOMO

The x3 zoom silenced rifle was perfect

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

is the Paris episode still free? I have alternate steam accounts left over from my TF2-Hat-Trading days I could spin up.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

91.5 hours from this post

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I ended up going in as Helmut and stealing the egg first, though in retrospect thats totally the easier part of The Broker so it made the rest harder than it needed to be. Immediately after that I followed the twins around for 10 minutes and must have had like 10 urges to pull out my pistol and ice Dylan once I verified which one was which but I settled for the poison kill and erased the video in the church basement.

I don't like how the one-shot nature of the Elusive targets discourages the experimentation that got me to stick with this game where I stopped playing literally every other Hitman game in the past. Though I did appreciate having more than one thing to do every two weeks, so maybe I need to check out some custom contracts for once

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’d be fine with the Elusive targets being 1 shot if they let us have the slightly modified scenario for contracts. I suppose that kind of defeats the idea that you shouldn’t be able to practice or repeat the Elusive Targets but I really like even the vaguest “plot” elements of them and I feel like they get missed.

Most contracts are either elaborate game mechanic puzzles/challenges or just kind of thrown together. I’m really tired of killing rando technicians with no context.

I haven’t checked the OP in awhile or googled- is there a list of thematic contracts that are at least in suspension-of-disbelief level territory with a briefing? I know that’s dumb but whenever I stumble onto one of these I enjoy it 3x a normal contract.

the caravella conundrum is pretty thematic

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Scott Forstall posted:

Are the twins still up? I lost track of time

Yeah for about ~3 days

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Reactivate The Wild Card you loving cowards

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Helps a lot when the two best maps in your game are free

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Kuiperdolin posted:

Maybe it's time for them to let season one go, how many times can they repackage it?

Season 2 or nothing.

i mean theyre workin on it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The Chef ET was active when I first bought the game and I blew myself up because I didn't know what I was doing. Now he's gonna get reactivated this weekend and I won't get to play it and I'm upset

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1000749245329231873

season 2?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jerusalem posted:

The Angel of Death elusive target has reactivated. Pretty straightforward, killing by poison seemed the most poetic way but there is plenty of latitude for employing her other favored options.

There'll be three ETs this month, I wonder (pray) if they're speeding up the ETs because they're gonna announce season 2 soon? :shobon:

That's one you can finish in about 10 seconds with SA by shooting her unless they changed any mob pathing between the default start location and the target.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I got the maps from 2016 to load into H2, but it looks like I have to unlock the challenges again.

If I replay a map will I reacquire the unlocks given by that map in 2016? Or should I not bother with those and stick to the new maps in H2 to unlock stuff?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cheesetriangles posted:

You have to unlock stuff again in 2. Also never bother playing 2016 again.

hey sometimes you wanna run around as helmut kruger for a while, so maybe i'll do that as a break from 2's stuff

Are the unlocks spoiled anywhere?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cheesetriangles posted:

But you can do that in 2.

That's what I mean, play through the Paris map in 2. I wasn't sure if doing that and getting Mastery there would unlock the same stuff again.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Just put Diana in the field and have 47 be the handler, they're a team

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

StashAugustine posted:

I;m getting some hitching/stuttering issues. Probably the answer is "my computer is junk" but it did play 2016 well enough. Any specific things to fix?

watch the digital foundry video for Hitman 2, it's like 20 minutes but there's always a ton of good info for things like this

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

King Vidiot posted:

Helmet Kruger you've done it again! :allears:

Is it just me, or does anybody else wind up basically just snapping your targets' necks the first time you play a level? My playstyle is like, I scout around the level looking for the security room and the most high-clearance outfit I can stumble across, I look for opportunities (I turn off tracking them on the map because that's Mickey Mouse Bullshit) and just poke around where I shouldn't. Then I usually manage to bumblefuck my way into a secluded area alone with the target and then I choke them out and break their neck. It's like two hours of build up and then... there they are and there I am.

I like to get the Silent Assassin Suit Only thing out of the way first even if I savescum to do it, it feels more like the story unfolding naturally the first time.

That way every subsequent run I don't fret about getting spotted or whatever and let maps play out however, which is how I left Sapienza with 30 bodies piled up on the stairs by the Specimen-Killing-Laptop

The shotgun is real fun to fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

fadam posted:

Do we know which mission Sean Bean is showing up in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

mp5 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 15, 2018