Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Choo fuckin choo bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok who took my name ><

I really cant get myself excited for this. I got the first beta test thing and logged in for maybe an hour. I dont even know if ill do the 2nd beta coming up :/

Somethings wrong with me :(

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

Ok who took my name ><

I really cant get myself excited for this. I got the first beta test thing and logged in for maybe an hour. I dont even know if ill do the 2nd beta coming up :/

Sorry I sniped Goku420 Weedlord_Satan, my bad

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

Ok who took my name ><

I can offer an all-encapsulating Dota 2, CS:GO, and EVE Online cybergaming triathlon training camp in remote (trust me, it's a pastoral experience) location in the pulchritudinous Eastern Latvia. 100% guaranteed money back if you struggle to find fun in anything else afterwards.

In other BDO news, top player on Russian servers has donated ~$13k insofar.

Edit:

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Are people exaggerating how grindy this is? Because I want to play, but I'm definitely going blader (when they release the class) so that means two characters.
Not to mention the poo poo I've been reading about how NA's XP rates are like 4-5 times less than Korea's, which is insane to me.
Talked a bit more to spergs from Russian server earlier today, and so: with their rates, 1-50 solo is doable in under 20 hours, 50-55 is doable in another 30, give or take some time based on circumstances. As to your future Blader, everything except weapon and offhand will be almost the same as with most other classes. Neither weapon nor offhand do intersect with any other class though, so that's something you must expect as cash and/or time sink, depending on the route you'll take to get them.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 10, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 days!)

I'm a filthy anti-poopsocking casual so I'll probably make 50 after a month regardless of the grind speed.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That OP :allears:

I can't tell if Lewtt is on, or off his meds. :ohdear:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Stanley Pain posted:

That OP :allears:

I can't tell if Lewtt is on, or off his meds. :ohdear:

Lewtt is magic.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Good OP

Will there be a guild for goons who poop in a toilet?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

vrath posted:

http://bdo-templates.com/

found this site, since I'm too lazy to make my own man killing beast. Also, that op is majestic as gently caress.

This is fantastic and I think lewtt should add it to his already amazing OP.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If you're in for acid fix but your dealer is dry, try reading Suggestions section of official forums. Trip is real bad so far, but real trippy.

Edit: I mean, just read this:

quote:

this is a somewhat odd idea for an mmo. but this bring me to my most nostalgic and fondest memories of any MMO.

just to know fair well... it was runescape. but its no longer any good due to the changes they have made.

there used to be a certain area meant for you to pretty much get max combat and gear dropped there was at best for level 75. then they made levels go up considerably over a few years...teams went from lv75 gear of 4-7 to teams on 1-3 with gear set at lv 80,85,90 or have more features that could basically be bought or get lucky and put your money into something to make you stronger... this only gave powerful people more power.

please keep us limited to +15. its an attainable feature that doesnt get ridiculous and outrageously game changing. sure being +10 levels over a certain areas content you will 1 hit everything. but if we have limitations to what we do alone. it will only bring us together, like say for instance, a dungeon or raid?

lets assume someone get lucky somehow and does get a +20 like others have complained about with 10 or so tries

then assume over 50-100 tries another person is only at +16 because the game has not been fortunate.

this creates a real unbalance. elitism. and takes away from the MMO aspect of the game(the part im most concerned about)

this limits pvpers to be equally challenged in a fight as anyone who focuses on pve. the only difference will be SKILL(skill dependent game unless below geared)

there are also people that want to benefit more from their loyalty and dedication, they do need something rewarded to them but item levels are not a way to go.

maybe give them a special title or trophy for housing. or better yet how about a very rare costume with high requirements to acquire this will show prestige, but not break combat stats.

TL;DR

keep gear low and balanced

keeps the game underleveled to allow more parties to be formed and for no elites/ niche teams from gear

skill is important.

make us acquire something else than a +20...its to OP, and WAY TOO random to acquire

less 1 hit kill griefers(like +20 rangers in KR)

please no one troll this thought or my way of thinking. i just like the idea and thought id share the concept of maintaining difficulty at all levels and to not force, but benefit parties and such

Edit2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulefUs5674

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 10, 2016

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

kalstrams posted:

this creates a real unbalance. elitism. and takes away from the MMO aspect of the game(the part im most concerned about)

Gear imbalance totally makes the game single-player offline.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
If anyone is on the fence about spending :20bux::20bux::10bux: for beta access, there's a key giveaway over here:

edit: link removed cuz dry

Mjolnerd fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 11, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

kalstrams posted:

If you're in for acid fix but your dealer is dry, try reading Suggestions section of official forums. Trip is real bad so far, but real trippy.

Edit: I mean, just read this:

Edit2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulefUs5674

This is bad acid, do not take the brown forums acid.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Are people exaggerating how grindy this is? Because I want to play, but I'm definitely going blader (when they release the class) so that means two characters.
Not to mention the poo poo I've been reading about how NA's XP rates are like 4-5 times less than Korea's, which is insane to me.
Returning back to this for the 3rd time, I must conclude that Western BDO fans are literally retarded on the whole, since it looks like we're getting something like 4.1 times the Korean experience rate if I have found reasonable numbers. Which would mean sperging levelling rate like this (sorry for open sores lovely histogram):

I hope Trump becomes president while developers give carte blanche to PKs so idiots begging for this can be chased out of the loving game, being reminded that they can't do poo poo purely because the experience rate they begged for.

Edit: gently caress, I'm getting real mad from brown forums acid. Time to check out new story chapter in SW:TOR.

Edit2:

Mjolnerd posted:

If anyone is on the fence about spending :20bux::20bux::10bux: for beta access, there's a key giveaway over here:

http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/black-desert-online-cbt2-key-giveaway/
By the way, this is dry already.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 10, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Mjolnerd posted:

I signed up for that lovely site and got "there are no keys left"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is that a made up graph or actually accurate?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

I signed up for that lovely site and got "there are no keys left"

:same:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Is that a made up graph or actually accurate?
Depends. I took numbers from person shittalking slow experience idiots in the brown acid pool. He also had some number to for one of the periods on NA rates, so I used that to linearly scale the data, more or less. It's complete garbage, most likely. Also there is no updated official information on the issue, as of yet - not to mention bonus experience mechanics on our release etcetera, as well as conditions the original numbers were obtained in (provided we assume that they are trustworthy). If all of that though is true, then graph is basically accurate, give or take a third overall. In that case casual players would be in for a treat, since numbers are supposed to be turbopoopsocking grind on optimized routes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

Returning back to this for the 3rd time, I must conclude that Western BDO fans are literally retarded on the whole, since it looks like we're getting something like 4.1 times the Korean experience rate if I have found reasonable numbers. Which would mean sperging levelling rate like this (sorry for open sores lovely histogram):

I hope Trump becomes president while developers give carte blanche to PKs so idiots begging for this can be chased out of the loving game, being reminded that they can't do poo poo purely because the experience rate they begged for.

Edit: gently caress, I'm getting real mad from brown forums acid. Time to check out new story chapter in SW:TOR.

Edit2:
By the way, this is dry already.

fuckin lol at that experience curve
MMOs and the people who play them are loving abysmal human beings

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Would I like this if I hate crafting in MMOs? Like 75% of the OP is dedicated to it and the classes seem really boring and typical.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firstborn posted:

Would I like this if I hate crafting in MMOs? Like 75% of the OP is dedicated to it and the classes seem really boring and typical.
Craft is not really necessary, even for thirstier classes. You can find a top PvP players that won't be able to explain you how to tame a horse.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Firstborn posted:

maybe? crafting is really in depth but it won't stop people from fishing all day instead

you can probably wait until release when goons have fat stacks of guest passes to see then

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

With launch just a few weeks away I figured it was about time for the prep for launch posts to go up, so I wanted to throw my two pennies in.

I've posted this on other sites and gathered information over the years to compile some information I seriously think is beneficial to you as a gamer. Enjoy and feel free to add to it! (Both legitimate and silly things alike.) EvrMoar from 2arc Gaming laid the foundation for this, and I've previously posted on MMO-Champ (as Blindhammer.)

Safety in a Gaming Marathon

There are two things that you have to be seriously wary of are Sleep Deprivation and Deep vein thrombosis.

Sleep Deprivation

There is little way to stop Sleep Deprivation, and it his highly recommend to not go to far over 48 hours without sleep. If you are planning on doing 24 hours+ please stay hydrated and well fed. If you can sleep, even if its 15mins after the first 24 hours and have someone wake you up, or set an alarm on vibrate, it will greatly help you stay focused and healthy. I can't stress enough, don't push past 72 hours if you haven't done it before and if you feel like your body isn't in a state to handle it. I will cover how to properly prepare for a marathon, but for now try to stick to under 72 hours. Recently someone suffered brain hemorrhaging in china just for gaming for 72 hours straight.

http://kotaku.com/ma...-mar-1581598210

Your body will try to compensate for loss of sleep, so just like your body needing more sleep after being up for 24hours+ you can also store sleep for when you need it. If possible try to sleep at least 12 hours before a marathon.

Sleeping has a ton of purposes for our body, one of which is relaxing the eyes. To avoid eye strain I highly recommend the 20/20/20 rule. Look at something 20 feet away, every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds. This will help ease headaches and will also help protect your eyes.

There is a program called f.lux (https://justgetflux.com/) that simulates wearing gaming specific eye protection and is something I know personally can stop headaches from staring at even an LED monitor too long. (I even used this in the cruiser when I was a patrolman.)

Last but not least don't drive or do something right after marathon without catching up on sleep. Simply put don't be dumb. If you have to work in 5 hours and you just stayed up for 24 hours+ PLEASE have a friend drive you, or take a bus. One of the highest cause of traffic accidents is sleep deprivation. This is logic people, don't endanger others!

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Deep Vein Thrombosis, in a nutshell, is what leads to blood clots that are fatal! So what happens when your sitting for extended periods of time is decreasing blood flow through your body. This can create blood clots, those blood clots can dislodge when you become more active and, unfortunately, often kill. This is often what you hear about in the news that kills gamers that stay up for days on end.

‘If you sit for 90 minutes or more at a desk, the blood flow behind your knees decreases by 50 per cent, significantly increasing the chance of a DVT,’

‘It is vital to take regular breaks every hour or so: get up, walk about, rotate your ankles and stretch out your calf muscles.’

I pulled these facts from a couple articles, please just get up and stretch and walk around when possible. Don't sit in your chair for hours on end without getting up and moving!

You can purchase and use these: http://www.amazon.com/Zensah-Compre...ression+sleeves They cost about $40 and help with blood flow when in a seated position for a long time. ( DO NOT SLEEP IN THESE)

quote:

NOTICE: This is an addition from a friend of mine named Chow, who is far more knowledgeable in the subject as he is a doctor, and we should all heed his warnings and use the information he's provided.

So I'll chime in here and offer my medical advice.

I've seen more than 1 patient in my career suffer a pulmonary embolus (a blot clot occluded an artery leading to the lungs) after a 6-hour flight. And patients almost on a daily basis who are bed bound in the hospital. In the hospital, we heparinize our patients as a prophylaxis and use compression stockings and patients still develop blood clots because of stagnation. With regards to gaming, it's been well documented that people have died from blood clots from stagnation.

Below are two links for handouts we've given patients on exercises on the plane they can do.

For those who like to read:
http://www.drhu.eu/publications/2008...Entertainment/

For those who just want a picture:
http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/credi...texercise1.gif

How to Prepare and Keep Going!

Now for the fun part, how to prepare and keep going and keep your body in a good place while you're trying to hit the level cap. This will mostly cover food, and water intake to help you keep your body happy.

RULE 1 DO NOT DRINK ENERGY DRINKS
No don't do it, it does not help you stay up like you think and it is not good for your body when you need to stay up for more than 24 hours.

This next section is a bit on the graphic side, but people in all seriousness, this is something to think about.

Your body needs water, water should be your number one choice. Honestly when you take a piss if it's yellow you need to drink more water. That is the easiest way to gauge it, if it doesn't look like water coming out you're wrong.

How do you know if you’re properly hydrated? Take a look at your urine. Generally speaking, the clearer the urine, the better hydrated you are. If it is a clear-pale lemonade color, you are hydrated. If it is a darker lemonade to apple juice color, you are dehydrated. And if it is dark and cloudy, you are severely dehydrated and should notify medical staff immediately.

Basic hydration know how, please stick to water.

To give you a short idea of why not to drink soda/sugars is because of crashing. Coffee is good to start off, but generally, caffeine doesn't wake you up it stops the flow of chemicals that makes you feel tired. It doesn't magically wake you up, it just stalls you feeling tired. So once you're tired caffeine won't help. Sugar makes you crash, even tho it picks you up for a little bit you will crash. It's less harsh on your body, and will be more effective if you stick to water and avoid sugary food/drinks. You can start with coffee but don't depend on it, and once you start to feel tired just stick to water.

FOOD

This is going to sound like everything you heard growing up but stick to fruits and veggies to replenish nutrients you need, ones that your body will be burning when it goes into overdrive mode. Sticking to these foods will help your body a ton!

To name a few:
- Baby Carrots
- Peanuts/nuts and peanut butter
- Yogurt with/without oats
- Tuna (no mayo, use a dressing or mustard)
- Grilled or baked meats (ie Chicken and Fish, less on the red meats.)

These foods are amazing to help your body when you need to stay up for longer hours.

Don't Risk Your Life For First lvl 50!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Source your quotes, please.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Wonder Turbine posted:

Has anyone called it "Hack Desert Online" yet?

What is the hacking/botting/gold seller spam situation like in this game? It is a KMMO so botting/gold seller spam are a given but do they get in the way of normal play? For example I remember playing the NA launch of Aion and there was so much gold seller spam it was almost impossible to chat in any of the general channels. Ignoring the spammers didn't work either as you maxed out the ignore list after about 15 minutes.

The last KMMO I played was Archage and the hacking in that game was...something special. Hopefully there is nothing like that in this game.

I see the op lists classes not yet implemented for NA/EU and has two names for each class. Does this mean they are not gender locked?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Does my homeboy need to J4G or can I sponsor him

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Should Eu folks play US y/n?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

Does my homeboy need to J4G or can I sponsor him

I will raise hell and make everyone involved as miserable as I can if there is any redtape to letting friends play with you

please don't have him join SA unless he actually wants to post here

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stormgale posted:

Should Eu folks play US y/n?

I hate it when we're apart.

Eonwe posted:

I will raise hell and make everyone involved as miserable as I can if there is any redtape to letting friends play with you

please don't have him join SA unless he actually wants to post here

This, but also please make sure they aren't an insufferable butt head either.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

MH Knights posted:

What is the hacking/botting/gold seller spam situation like in this game? It is a KMMO so botting/gold seller spam are a given but do they get in the way of normal play? For example I remember playing the NA launch of Aion and there was so much gold seller spam it was almost impossible to chat in any of the general channels. Ignoring the spammers didn't work either as you maxed out the ignore list after about 15 minutes.

The last KMMO I played was Archage and the hacking in that game was...something special. Hopefully there is nothing like that in this game.

I see the op lists classes not yet implemented for NA/EU and has two names for each class. Does this mean they are not gender locked?

afaik, there isn't any that is "easy" due to player to player trading being completely removed from the game. Add onto that mandatory price points for the market and there really isn't an easy way, outside of paying a chinese convict to vpn into the american server and grind for 2700 hours.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Stanley Pain posted:

I hate it when we're apart.

This, but also please make sure they aren't an insufferable butt head either.

As much as I can tell, (since I'm fairly new to SA) should be alright.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MH Knights posted:

Basic mouse/keyboard click automation so far. Hot poo poo is to use it to make a fishing bot of sorts, apparently. As to goldsellers, I've yet to notice them on Russia, but I neither have high level characters there nor do I play in the prime time.

MH Knights posted:

Classes with two names are not genderlocked indeed. There are, however, subtle differences between them, in some cases, so they are largely, but not completely, the same classes.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The most reasonable rule I've seen for this is he can if you vouch for him, but if he's a dick then it's on you. It works because if he's a dick there's a good chance you'll be one too anyway.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

There are rumblings on Twitter that CBT2 keys went out to fansites today, so get ready to hunt for them in the next few days. Some of them gave out CBT1 keys to the first people to click so finding them somewhat promptly is important. I haven't spotted any like that yet though, just the bullshit contests.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

afaik, there isn't any that is "easy" due to player to player trading being completely removed from the game. Add onto that mandatory price points for the market and there really isn't an easy way, outside of paying a chinese convict to vpn into the american server and grind for 2700 hours.
Selling is clumsy indeed, but basically it's a direct auction transfer with fees on the supplier. Due to that, prices are fairly high, starting at $1 for 2 million silver or so for the Russian f2p server.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

CrashCat posted:

There are rumblings on Twitter that CBT2 keys went out to fansites today, so get ready to hunt for them in the next few days. Some of them gave out CBT1 keys to the first people to click so finding them somewhat promptly is important. I haven't spotted any like that yet though, just the bullshit contests.

Post links if you find any.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Has anyone who's played in the last beta got any experience with Valkyrie or Wizard? I'm torn between either one of those or maybe a Tamer to focus on for the beta, curious if they play well and all?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Has anyone who's played in the last beta got any experience with Valkyrie or Wizard? I'm torn between either one of those or maybe a Tamer to focus on for the beta, curious if they play well and all?

Valk wasn't in the last beta, that's going to be the first thing I try this time. Hoping to get what class I want to start with nailed down this beta.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Post links if you find any.
Well, I found one but it already ran out, and it was only posted like four hours ago. Ugh.

Could try this raffle but you have to add crap for entries.

https://gleam.io/68vVY/black-desert-cbt2-key-giveaway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
So I snagged a beta key from that website giveaway linked earlier. First, I'm concerned my computer will be able to run this game smoothly with my poo poo GPU. Second, is this another BnS like game, with lots of flash and no content? I love the combat in BnS and this game looks to improve upon that greatly, but if there is nothing to do at max level except PvP then I want to stay far away. I'm considering giving away the key if this is going to be a poo poo tier game. Thanks