Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Laverna posted:

I don't really follow any of that debate stuff so I don't know what it's normally like but she did say that she was pointing it out "as a woman" and as a woman I can totally identify with the whole being interrupted by men thing. It was probably one of my favourite jokes on this episode, yay having a female comedy show presenter!

If that's the only joke that you guys didn't really agree with then that could be why?

But the thing is, he didn't interrupt her, she was interrupting him. Right before that moment, it was her turn to speak and she said that he didn't vote for the auto industry bailout. This was of course a misrepresentation, because that particular vote was for Wall Street bailout money, with some for the auto industry attached. On his turn to speak, he tried to explain that and she cut in, which then lead to this clip. The optics aren't great, especially if you cut out the context, but he wouldn't be Bernie if he didn't get pissed that she was trying to claim the Wall Street bailout vote was a vote about the auto industry.
I'm also fairly certain that he would have acted the exact same way if it was Bill Clinton standing on that stage instead of Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Nichael posted:

I agree with this. Clinton's "flaws" were that she simply wasn't engaging enough, and frankly, I find that to be a flaw of the American people more than Clinton as a person (though obviously, the Democrats need to retool their future messaging strategy to reflect the data learned from this election). Her platform was suitably liberal, she was prepared, and she had massive experience. Also, her opponent was a literal rapist. Bee made the right choice in championing her aggressively, and this never actually compromised her ability to be funny, as Full Frontal was the most consistently funny of any of the faux news shows.
Lol? I don't know what your definition of "liberal" is, but more war, more corporate blowjobs (tax holidays, more mergers etc.), more pipelines, more fracking, more "free" trade, more Wall Street "self-regulation" and "big changes aren't possible, gently caress your dreams and be content with nibbling at the edges" aren't liberal in my book. 51% of American workers earn 30k or less per year (in the richest country ever) and the Democrats pushed a candidate earning 250k per hour-long speech and who thinks the economy is in great shape (because all her friends in Washington and New York think so too!). She's a woman, so ignore that she's not going to do poo poo for you, you're a misogynist if you don't vote for her! How dare you call the Clintons corrupt, they've raised over 3 billion dollars in donations throughout their careers, but that can't possibly have influenced their decisions! Ignore that she doesn't stand for anything and switches her positions as soon as polls or lobbyists tell her to do so while running against a fascist, nativist populist with a clear message.

Clinton and the media (and I'm including Sam here) could have destroyed Trump if they pointed out his own corruption (like donating 25k to get a 90+ million tax rebate) and how he kept gaming the system while constantly failing at being a businessman. But that would have exposed both the system they're so desperately clinging to and their own corruption, so they instead stuck to pointing out his sexism and racism, which did nothing to discourage his supporters from voting for him.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

None of this reflect reality, find what policies or platforms she was pushing that backs even 5% of this up. She had plans to raise the minimum wage and get people the training they need to get better jobs why do you think she didn't care about people making 30k or less because you feel it to be true? This is why she needs a cheerleader or two because I've never seen anyone in politics or otherwise get so much false accusations thrown at them.

She was pushing 12$ an hour (which is 25k/year) and only went up grudgingly to 15 because Sanders dragged her there. Most of the other stuff can be found in the Podesta emails. Here's a pretty good summary, 65-90 for the economic/trade etc. stuff but I recommend reading the whole article if you really think Clinton and her staff a poo poo about the working class or even middle class and actual liberals.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Drifter posted:

What was she not involved with?

She wasn't involved with the Clinton campaign staff having their heads so far up their own asses that they thought they were playing 3D chess by not campaigning in the Rustbelt states they ended up losing.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

Die Sexmonster! posted:

This is nonsensical, and I'm not trying to attack you for putting up this point or anything. Just, I voted for Bernie in the primary. Then, when the general came around, I voted for Hillary, because the alternative was Donald fuckin' Trump. I'm sure millions felt the same way. Hillary failed to turn out Obama voters. That's the mystery to be investigated.

What mystery? People finally got fed up with Democrats talking like they give a poo poo about them, while sucking lobbyist dicks at fundraisers and cocktail parties. Never fighting for anything and cowering in the corner every time the Republicans looked at them funny.
Hillary proudly proclaimed that "America is already great!" while half the population lives in poverty. Her campaign stood for nothing except maintaining the status quo and "lol we can't lose to Trump" while anyone outside the DC bubble yelled at them that she was the only candidate with an actual risk of losing to Trump. The campaign acted like people owed them their votes without offering them anything in return.
So they said get hosed and either didn't vote or voted for Trump to see the Democratic party shitshow burn to the ground.

• Locked thread