Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Just watched it and yeah that was great. Way better than any of her daily show segments for me, not that I ever thought she was bad.

Once a week is the sweet spot for topical comedy. The UK figured this out decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

CaveGrinch posted:

Is anyone else's DVR recording the new episode at 4pm? Mine is recording at 4 and ignoring 10:30p because it considers it a repeat.

I figure someone screwed up - I set 10:30 to record manually. Hope this isn't an ongoing issue

I'm watching the 4.30 recording now and it's marked as s1e2 but its just the first episode again.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Yeah if you don't get the joke about the filming style you're missing the best parts. I get that it'd be bewildering if you're totally unfamiliar with it though.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I… kinda want to vote for Gary Johnson?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I just like both shows, I don't think Oliver is any less funny but he's certainly got his format down pat.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

VagueRant posted:

Consistently appalled by the lack of attention this show gets. (Especially when I'm trying to figure out WHEN it's even on - the scheduling has been my biggest problem with the show.)

Regardless of her ardent pro-Hillary bent, you have to admit that of all the political comedy shows, Sam's just has the best gags. Plus that part where the woman asked the Trump supporter "what IS his plan?" and her eyes rolled into the back of her skull and she froze like a computer encountering an error for like a full twenty seconds.

Hmm fitting username. I agree, the way I see it is that the old Jon Stewart Daily Show got broken up with each of his heirs taking one important part with them. If Oliver got ownership of the heartfelt angry segments Sam absolutely took the fantastic correspondent/man on the street facing insanity stuff with her.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

That was pretty good. I really need to catch up on Full Frontal but I keep forgetting it exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I catch it on YouTube so watching it now. I appreciated Paul Ryans "Ayn Rand" Black Flag shirt.

• Locked thread