Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

That Kasich takedown was brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I honestly thought the abortion law segment was weaker than Oliver's similar reporting.

But the black history month and girl scout bits had a very clear message and were hilarious too.

The election coverage was next level though. Instead of "LOL Trump is Bad!" jokes we got "You loving dumbasses did this by sleeping in six years ago". Which is a smart, smart angle to take.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Shark and Female Coach Speech were like vintage Daily Show circa 2006. So good.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The black lives matter movement is attacked by racists, sure.

But I think a LOT of white america has a very different view of police. Sure, they say, there's a few bad apples. A few corrupt cops running around, Vic Mackey'ing the poo poo out of some thug.

But systematic bias? Where the police actively seek out harsher penalties (lethal or otherwise) on minorities? That's beyond white america's comprehension.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Honestly I like the slightly different tones each Stewart alumni has brought. Oliver is basically one step away from journalism, with well reasoned and well researched think pieces. Sam Bee brings the righteous anger and the CAN YOU FCKING BELIEVE OUR COUNTRY tone that Stewart honed over the years. And Noah has done an amiable job of giving me four shows a week, with a nascent comedic voice that I hope grows into something special.

Colbert's show is still aggressively apolitical, which saddens me so very much.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

When does Colbert actually talk politics? Every time I tune in (once every few weeks) he maybe does one three minute segment with not a single joke classifying as political humor.

Like if he DOES do more political stuff, I want to know so I can track it down.

Anyone else excited for Bee's promised take on 2016 on Monday?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

You can tell he is a having a lot of fun as well and that makes it enjoyable.

I have a lot of fun jacking off and no one's watching me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm away from home for the next month due to campaigning, when does tbs post new episodes?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I still find it hilarious that Hillary inherited large swaths of the Obama coalition.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

No, we're talking about the probable Trump scenario. What happens when your field is so split that a candidate doesn't win a majority of votes, and somehow has the most delegates even if only 30-40% of your party have voted for that person?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I register voters on college campuses and we require their social security numbers to get them registered.

I'm called a scammer several times a day, all because of actual asshats being poo poo.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Virginia.

https://elections.virginia.gov/Files/Forms/VoterForms/VoterRegistrationApplication.pdf

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've done Voter Registration in four states. The system is wholly hosed in new and exciting ways each time.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I worked on the HRC campaign and Sam's cheerleading can get a bit much even for me. I think we absolutely SHOULD examine what Sanders has been saying - but just saying he's a pissy old white man and moving on irks me.

A day or so ago a big headline blared SANDERS BLAMES POLITICAL CORRECTNESS FOR LOSS. And then you read the actual quote and Sanders goes on to narrowly define political correctness as authenticity.

I understand that the rolling poo poo spectacle of the Trump administration must be talked about, but the "Democrats in the wilderness" piece felt underwritten.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Full Frontal has long switched over to uploading entire episodes to YouTube.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I STILL wish she did a segment interviewing Hillary supporters. Her interviews with Trump and Sanders supporters were fantastic.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Working as a volunteer/activist these rifts are not going away.

I regularly talk to a sizable amount of active anti-trump protestors who REFUSE to support the democratic party, candidates, or even the very idea that the best way to stop republicans is to elect a democrat.

They drive me up the loving wall on a daily basis.

Rationally I believe we have to figure out how to talk to 18-25 year olds, and have done a poor job of it. But personally.... oy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

With such a small number of votes deciding the election, you can pretty much blame the rainfall in the northern quadrant as a reason for the loss.

Mainly though, I think Democrats were complacent. With or without Trump as a candidate.

• Locked thread