Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
No mention of the show's week-off present? Team Cruz.

Love her preemptive strike against false equivalency attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

VagueRant posted:

I have absolutely no idea why they do.
Sanders has stump speeches, Clinton has plans.

Also, free tuition has to be the dumbest, most regressive "progressive" policy I have seen in my life.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

JazzFlight posted:

Where's the new ep?
It's recording and listed as something about vaping, but it's last week's show.
I'm seeing videos from the episode on her Youtube channel.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Did the filter go away? I'm still seeing Bernie as Bernie and etcetera.

The anti-Bernie sentiment is well placed. He's lost any realistic chance of winning the nomination contest weeks ago, and Clinton likely to lock up the last of her magic 2,383 delegates before California even finishes voting. Not that Bernie ever stood a chance of winning California, considering how poorly he appeals to black and hispanic voters. Only knowing that the writing was on the wall, Bernie didn't tone down his attacks over the past few weeks but he actually doubled down on labeling Clinton and the Democratic party as corrupt, and selling his followers a false promise that he is somehow going to convince the very same party leaders that he's spent a year calling out as the establishment elite to reject the will of the people to choose him as the nominee over the more popular candidate.

I'm not sure how you could expect Samantha Bee to react in any way to the Nevada Democratic convention, considering how much personal experience she has with angry white men verbally abusing women in public positions.

Mars4523 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 26, 2016

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Did nobody watch this week's episode?

I thought it was pretty amazing. The "Cruz Insults" fishbowl was gold.

Also, after watching Last Week Tonight, I'm finding Sam's delivery to be much better. Emote, John Oliver! You can show some emotion!

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Oh god, Sam B's "Hold on to your butts Cleveland" segment was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

I like him but he's 3rd behind the three shows for me. But I think that's mostly his freshness to all this and the "daily" grind. Bee and Oliver have a week to work up their poo poo and years of experience with this stuff so I expect them to be better.

The more recent LWT have been extremely unfunny to me. But Colbert has been stepping up his game in the Age of Trump and Seth Meyers' Closer Look bits are pretty good.

I need to get around to watching Bee's Not the WHCD, but haven't gone out of my way to make time for it because the teaser bits make it look exactly as self-congratulatory as the actual WHCD.

• Locked thread