Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Comrade Fakename posted:

I mean, she was basically berating her own audience for not voting in 2010, when I imagine that most of the kind of people who watch her show did vote, if they were eligible.
You'd imagine that young liberals were likely to vote if possible? Yeah sure, it's not like all the voting data we have points to overwhelming apathy for the 18-2x crowd.

quote:

And she referred to Trump as "the presidential frontrunner" twice, even though he isn't.
He isn't the one dominating news cycles and causing a massive upheaval in the GOP primary, to the point where Jeb Bush's entire campaign was upended due to Trump's participation?

What's it like in your dimension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PBS Newshour posted:

he is just doing the basic thing thing but perfectly. You can tell he is a having a lot of fun as well and that makes it enjoyable.
To be honest, he may be gun-shy after what happened to Conan.

Fallon pretty much had free reign to do his own thing after that clusterfuck, and it's worked out pretty well for him. That and the fact that the network realized changing demographics meant they should realign their expectations...

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jesus Christ. That Latinos for Trump vendido went from funny to darkly sad real quick. What a scam artist.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Narcissus1916 posted:

Rationally I believe we have to figure out how to talk to 18-25 year olds, and have done a poor job of it. But personally.... oy.
I have a friend in the 18-25 range that couldnt vote Hillary because of her involvement with Syria/anti-CentralAm coups. They were leaning Jill Stein until they realized she was WhiteFeminism.txt so instead they lodged a Bernie protest vote.

And it absolutely infuriates me when I see their FB feed full of pro-worker / anticapitalist activism because way to loving stick it to the folks you want to be fighting for.

• Locked thread