Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
oof. The opening bit was still pretty good but the rest of the episode feels like something they hastily had to piece together out of the show they really wanted to write.

Having a musical guest demand an audience of liberals shout they're "feeling good as hell" on this of all days just seems cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I'm confused though, it didn't seem like they used the Trump one in their post-election episode?

what is even the premise of this videotape

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
Yikes, y'all are some charmers in here.

I like Samantha Bee and hope she keeps her brand of thing going throughout the Trumpocalypse. I like it a little better than most of the other things.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

makes you feel more confident in what's gonna happen and less likely to feel line your vote will really matter
The overwhelming sentiment of these shows was "PLEASE VOTE"; I'd like to see some evidence of someone who saw that and chose apathy before I believe it was a real trend.

Drifter posted:

Does Colbert have any bite anymore as a late night host?
He's getting his bite back, as of very recently. Though he still hosts a show that requires him to devote most of the airtime to fluffy interviews.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Shlomo Palestein posted:

angry political people sometimes writing jokes at the last minute to justify being angry
Not too different from John Oliver's weekly 5 anecdotes about injustice interspersed with "that's crazy, it would be like if X was Y!". I still like both.

Shlomo Palestein posted:

I fear it's just because it wasn't all that well done.
It wasn't especially well done, but in fairness neither is Mr. Robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
It was pretty good, but not a solid hourlong laugh riot.

In particular, the interstitial segments where Sam roasted presidents' past were all strong misses.

My fave segments:
What is Facts? with Steve Buscemi
Will Ferrell as GWB
The Woman in the High Castle

• Locked thread