Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
backup your keychain i mean cmon.

make ~/Library/Keychains/ sync with drop box or something idk. That way when it happens again you just have to reimport it and maybe rename it at the most.

This happens to me all of the time; I learned very quickly that associating your login account to iCloud forces you to enter a world of pain when things don't work right. The argument against storing your keychain in multiple (offsite) locations is probably Bad Security. idc beats losing all my passwords.

ever get locked out because you only have one apple device and now its not authorized anymore and you cant get into your account because what you need to do is only allowed from authorized devices and you just say gently caress it and do a time machine backup and oh hey its trying to login to icloud again now im still locked out and eventually you just reformat and consider ending it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I also like how if you arent logged into icloud it will incessantly try to reconnect every couple minutes as well as if you try to use any kind of stock apple application. Each time prompting a always-on-top login box that steals focus. I hate the gosh dang cloud so much

• Locked thread