Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

I graduated a few years ago and jesus loving christ if anyone I knew acted like them I would have dropped out my freshman year. What a bunch of self-important assholes. Luckily that was a small group, is being that PC turning into A Thing?

You should look up Oberlin College for some pretty funny stories.

My favorite was how black students demanded segregated safe places on campus.

This was especially funny to me since Oberlin was the first higher ed place in the US to admit black students and desegregate their campus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

I think Tom Green could also get away with doing on-the-street stuff again since young people have no idea who he is

Maybe

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ragnar34 posted:

It's a dog puppet with an unlit cigar, a bullshit accent, a camera crew and a bunch of zingers, so you'd think they'd figure it out anyway.

But I think the college kids figured it out and it didn't matter because most of them were being all shirty and self-important. For serious, is "big fat black guy with a sybil lisp and he stole our candy" a prejudiced thing to say? Can they actually not say "poor" without baptizing it in a bunch of neutralizing language? poo poo, I'm fairly poor, and when I hear a rich kid trying to come up with abstract synonyms, I have to wonder whether the person saying it is working for self-absolution or if they're leading into a "we shouldn't distinguish between economic classes because it leads to class warfare" argument, or what. I'd rather they were doing this than setting up a Young Republicans Club and I love that my generation is generally so progressive, but when I want to describe my economic reality, I'm going to use one word and it's not going to be some hollow and colorless poo poo like "disadvantaged."

I'm not too okay with leg-humping that one kid though. That's the kind of joke you play on a more sympathetic mark, not the one most likely to interpret things as "I am being objectified by a camera crew and some kind of smug reactionary from a decade ago. Comedy Central is molesting me."

the leg humping has been one of his trademarks for years. i thought him loving around with a bunch of uptight collegiate lefties was pretty funny.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

etalian posted:

You should look up Oberlin College for some pretty funny stories.

My favorite was how black students demanded segregated safe places on campus.

This was especially funny to me since Oberlin was the first higher ed place in the US to admit black students and desegregate their campus

there was one colege protests that had all kinds of retarded demands like let the homeless live on campus and be around at all times, get rid of campus cops, and remove the name from building because the last guys name was lynch.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there was one colege protests that had all kinds of retarded demands like let the homeless live on campus and be around at all times, get rid of campus cops, and remove the name from building because the last guys name was lynch.

It was UNC - Chapel Hill: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r1Rp3Tn8sPlfbn_bO3vQXOVRnDpaDvB_ctaBKXvbpNU/edit

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Some Oberlin students also demanded that black music majors be exempt from studying classical music since it was too white

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

etalian posted:

Some Oberlin students also demanded that black music majors be exempt from studying classical music since it was too white

what the gently caress happend to the college/young left. they have the mind set of the religious right now. gently caress em. also lol at numbers 23, 37 , 42-4

honestly. these are the stupid fucks who are leading some younger people to vote trump, so if he wins, its on them for hurting the left.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 03:29 on Feb 12, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHzCDHEgA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm-ti4AZL9o

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress happend to the college/young left. they have the mind set of the religious right now. gently caress em. also lol at numbers 23, 37 , 42-4

honestly. these are the stupid fucks who are leading some younger people to vote trump, so if he wins, its on them for hurting the left.

when the loony left is very visible, it means mainstream left is sizeable for a change. Just ignore them like everybody else.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

It takes a certain kind of personality to recognize a bit and play along. If you get it, roll with the parts that offend you, and can pull out a minimum of one funny comeback, you've won. The way to lose is to actually get rattled like a few of the students did. I also thought Huckabee did great as the straight-man, so being a weirdo molestor supporter is forgiven.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

If I didn't know anything about Huckabee before seeing this I'd have thought he was a pretty cool politician and one of the Not Too Bad ones on the Right.

If I didn't know anything about politics and socioeconomic issues before seeing the privileged retard college kids I'd buy a Mussolini shirt and start voting fascist.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

It takes a certain kind of personality to recognize a bit and play along. If you get it, roll with the parts that offend you, and can pull out a minimum of one funny comeback, you've won. The way to lose is to actually get rattled like a few of the students did. I also thought Huckabee did great as the straight-man, so being a weirdo molestor supporter is forgiven.

I don't know why but I have images in my head of Huck talking with puppets like Elmo; he knows his timing.

edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWzolAuV88I

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The college one was hilarious but seriously guys, how are any of you surprised at "college students are self-important morons", that's been true for literally as long as college has existed

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The college one was hilarious but seriously guys, how are any of you surprised at "college students are self-important morons", that's been true for literally as long as college has existed

I think it's because they are empowered by social media. 60's hippies couldn't organize a twitter campaign to get you fired for problematic language.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I loved the "preparations" for a Christie visit. Got to chain down the cake fridge and gumball machine.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nonsense posted:

when the loony left is very visible, it means mainstream left is sizeable for a change. Just ignore them like everybody else.

i know. but its so hard.

Wheeee posted:

If I didn't know anything about Huckabee before seeing this I'd have thought he was a pretty cool politician and one of the Not Too Bad ones on the Right.

If I didn't know anything about politics and socioeconomic issues before seeing the privileged retard college kids I'd buy a Mussolini shirt and start voting fascist.

unfortunatly this.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Huckabee is pretty personable but oh boy does he have some lovely views.

He should just do a bit with Triumph calling out the remaining schmucks in the election like Lindsey and McCain are already doing

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Oil! posted:

I loved the "preparations" for a Christie visit. Got to chain down the cake fridge and gumball machine.

The best bit was at the end IMHO

"Nooooo comedy happening here hi Governor" :haw:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The best bit was at the end IMHO

"Nooooo comedy happening here hi Governor" :haw:

Also the Jurassic Park reference with the water glass

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

postmodernism destroys brains.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Chasing ted cruz in his own bus, culminating in a drone, is the greatest poo poo in the world

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

why cant i watch this for free

its not fair

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
although i was actually a fan of rand paul's "that sounds like the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

there's a little dead anti-spark in his eyes where you suspect he knows it isn't real, but there's no hope that it is real. it wouldn't matter. nothing matters.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

oystertoadfish posted:

its not fair

just google for a proxy, I'd link you the one I used but I already forget

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pick posted:

although i was actually a fan of rand paul's "that sounds like the dumbest thing I've ever heard"

there's a little dead anti-spark in his eyes where you suspect he knows it isn't real, but there's no hope that it is real. it wouldn't matter. nothing matters.

this. that was a really real moment

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

its not fair

I watched it for free on the Hulu site, I just had to watch some commercials.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^^yeah im a laughably stupid person

Wheeee posted:

just google for a proxy, I'd link you the one I used but I already forget

it turns out i can watch it for free
http://www.hulu.com/watch/902637
i dunno im dumb

edit i just finished watching it. i liked it

oystertoadfish has issued a correction as of 09:28 on Feb 12, 2016

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
[nonchalantly] this is our next president . . . let's gently caress him in the rear end

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I almost threw up laughing so hard watching this. It's astonishing that that stupid dog puppet never gets old.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Do you know what martin o malley's hotel alias is, it's martin o malley

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Even hearing him break is good. Usually they commit a little harder to the 'character' but this was just a thinly veiled excuse to hurl insults at candidates and it was amazing. When he starts snickering mid-line you know he's got some loving gold.

The extended 'chris christie is really fat' joke is something I could have done without. Huckabee being a good sport almost makes you forget he would have gay folks rounded up and slaughtered in camps.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it was really at its best when it was trashing on people for political reasons. The Trump/Mexican stereotype fight on a bus for example.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I liked the inappropriate personal attacks.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It was wonderful since it was non stop blue humor

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pick is the lady who got triggered by the comedy puppet at the Democratic debate.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Even hearing him break is good. Usually they commit a little harder to the 'character' but this was just a thinly veiled excuse to hurl insults at candidates and it was amazing. When he starts snickering mid-line you know he's got some loving gold.

The extended 'chris christie is really fat' joke is something I could have done without. Huckabee being a good sport almost makes you forget he would have gay folks rounded up and slaughtered in camps.

Mike Cuckabee is a homosexual.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Kingfish posted:

Pick is the lady who got triggered by the comedy puppet at the Democratic debate.

she had to get comforted by her friends after a puppet made fun of hillary.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah I get triggered super easy that's why i love triumph??

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

laughing how all the online sites loved things like the Trump takedowns but then got angry over the trigger warning college student scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The best Triumph bit will probably always be the Attack of the Clones premiere.

• Locked thread