Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syncopated posted:

How's the rock quality in the Canadian Rockies, is it hard enough to be good/safe-ish climbing? The Swedish mountains are nice for hiking and skiing but actual climbing is kinda poo poo because the rock breaks really easily.

hahaha

there are many stories of experienced climbers coming here and being amazed at the poo poo rock, it's often rotten af

generally you just adapt to it, and adjust your rack/pro to deal with it

however, the bugaboos which are the next range over (2 hrs from banff area) are world-renowned for amazing rock/climbing, think stuff like pigeon spire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_Spire

if you're into mountaineering the rockies are a super destination, although probably much more challenging than a lot of what you'll find in other places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

why do people pay a stupid amount of money to get driven onto the glacier when you can just walk to the old parking lot and hang out on the morraines?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
snowpack everywhere is going iso

I was in Jasper over the weekend and you could see lots of action on anything lower down

• Locked thread