Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Airbag, you literally had one job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm from Oklahoma City. I'm familiar with what ammonium nitrate can do. :(

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

revolther posted:

Fertilizer doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel :tinfoil:

Doesn't need to.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Loss of smell (partial or complete loss, sometimes just the inability to sense one specific smell, sometimes the inability to detect a particular smell in one nostril but not the other, sometimes permanent loss and sometimes just temporary) is called anosmia and there's a huge list of possible causes. Some of them aren't all that scary (allergies, antibiotics, overuse of nasal sprays) but most of the things on that list are pretty serious.

If she just suddenly lost most of her sense of smell with no other symptoms or obvious external causes such as head trauma it could have been a minor stroke or Bell's palsy or an early symptom of Parkinson's or Alzheimer's or a dozen other things that might need to be addressed.

I'm pretty sure that's why she doesn't want to talk to the doctor about it. Because until the doctor says the word cancer, it's not real.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
E;FB

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I remember my grandfather's last weeks when he was dying of cancer. All we could do was watch him writhe in agony. Even the touch of sheets on his skin was unbearable to him, despite being given Morphine constantly. My grandmother begged the doctors to give him more and they said, "If we give him any more it will kill him." And she said "So?! He's dying now!" So rather than kill him with morphine, they let him starve to death in agony.

The modern interpretation of the hippocratic oath is insane.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 11, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

GotLag posted:

There's one thing that really bothers me. Okay, so the turd didn't flush. And she resigned herself to reaching into the bowl and grabbing it. Why didn't she just break it up so it would flush?

Seriously. Who panics and thinks "Better throw it out the window"???

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Such an American idea. Nuke it.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I'd have sex with it.

This looks like something from Metal Slug.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Drop some "rods from God" on them in honor of the late great noted crazy person Jerry Pournelle. No explosives required.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 14, 2017

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Dark Off posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWhj_tOvLUA any guesses on what caused the horrible smell in this video?

I dunno just smells like my house when I watch it.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Looks like a good way to simulate running your own bones through a rock tumbler.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
This guy was going down the highway this morning and got off at the same exit I did. No straps at all that I could see.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I worked one day for DHL, literally one (I got another offer from a job I actually wanted) and I have no idea how anything even semi fragile gets anywhere in one piece. It can only be due to the magic of packaging.

Boxes came down the conveyor belt for sorting by the drivers of each route. You'd just look for your route number and fling it off the conveyor into a pile around you. It went way, way too fast for anyone to be even the least bit careful. Things that ended up on the wrong pile were literally thrown across the room.

Then I went for a ride along. At the end of the route there was just one unsecured package left in the back of the van and I could hear it careening around the walls every time we made a turn. I asked the driver if we should stop and tie it down. "Nah."

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

I like that you can see damage to the rear wheel wells from how often she's done this.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is that 3 police cars to write a ticket?

Small town. "Holy gently caress, you guys got to see this."

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

His lovely reaction made a bad situation into a disaster. I don't think it needed to roll over.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...and you didn't post any to the thread?

Had to scroll down quite a way to find one that was funny instead of fatal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8goQVdpDs

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Most brick nowadays is about as important to the structural integrity of a building as vinyl siding.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'd almost rather it be alive. Seems like it would be less messy that way.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Mines are already using them.

https://qz.com/874589/rio-tinto-is-using-self-driving-416-ton-trucks-to-haul-raw-materials-around-australia/

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Just let a few big dogs in there and they'll have that poo poo happily cleaned up in minutes.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It was my Facebook banner for a long time.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"Wandows" is the funniest part to me.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

I celebrated new years in Reykjavik one year. What felt like the entire town packed into the square outside the big church, with drunk people lighting off fireworks in the middle of the crowd, some times just letting them go from their hands, or putting them in way too small bottles that inevitably got knocked over so the rocket would fly along the ground and detonate among people.

The Icelandic are a hardy folk.

2/3 of the 330,000 people in Iceland already live in Reykjavik, so it was probably the entire loving country packed into that square.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Work in a government office with one department on the first floor that sees lots of foot traffic from the general public. There are GIANT and NUMEROUS signs everywhere. OPEN 8:30-4:00. [THING] FIRST FLOOR. CASHIERS HERE. Every single day people be running in 4:59. "Where's thing?" "Where do I pay?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Fallows posted:

Why are they melting at <90 degrees? im so confused

NPR posted:

A spokesperson for the department told local media the lofty temperatures hitting the region — upwards of 100 degrees Fahrenheit and climbing — have combined with heavy traffic to reactivate a key ingredient in the road surface, rendering it a sticky muddle in places.

Source: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/05/575943682/meanwhile-in-australia-part-of-a-highway-is-literally-melting

Still, considering they've been hitting 50C occasionally in that part of the world for all of recorded history, seems like poor planning. It's not like it's even a new phenomenon

ABC posted:

Sweltering temperatures are nothing new in this part of the world. Bourke recorded a NSW record high of 49.7C on January 4, 1903, which was equalled in Menindee in 1939.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 6, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The main danger from storm drains, which are distinct from sewers at least in my city, is flash flooding.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Looks like they zigged when they should've zagged.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Too bad you can't use it near anywhere you'd want to live.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My grandpa never trusted Asians either. He would never be rude or use slurs, but he was a ranger in Korea. One of those fun times we got involved in someone else's civil war and our boys could never be quite sure who the was the enemy. I imagine that does gently caress you up.

He didn't tell me much about the war but he did talk several times about calling in fire support from the battleship Missouri. Said the shells looked like boxcars going over your head and looked close enough that he felt like he could've reached up and touched them.

The Turkish contingent in the UN forces there made a big impression on him too. His attitude was basically like, man I wouldn't gently caress with those guys.

Funny enough the wound that sent him home came from when he was on R&R. They were playing baseball when a mortar attack came in and everybody dived in the same hole, so his foot was still sticking out. So there's your OSHA. Need bigger foxholes.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 16, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
What's the joke? "The two best days of your life are when you buy a boat and when you sell it."?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Edit: yeah ^

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 17, 2018

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It would be a very unique feeling to see a quick flash of light but really feel nothing, for an instant, but know for certain that your days are now numbered in the single digits.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
You really have to have just the right combination of poo poo go wrong to have a fire at a gas station. I honestly don't believe a cigarette would do it 99.99999999% of the time. I worked at one for four years and we had zero fires during that time, even when someone totalled one of the pumps at like 30 mph. Point is they're in more danger of lung cancer than fire.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jabor posted:

I'm not sure I follow. Could you draw a diagram of how you think a rotating apartment moving around a fixed central core would be plumbed?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

wolrah posted:

How about we all agree that every human involved in this story is a shithead to some degree.

The flight attendant is a shithead for obvious reasons.

The dog owner is a shithead for supporting the breeding of dogs that are basically born to suffocate for cosmetic reasons and for not standing up for their pet.

An ugly, defective, but ultimately innocent dog died as a result of these two poo poo winds meeting and creating a poo poo tornado.

Let's not forget you, for your lovely posts.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
No we must suffocate all existing pugs in front of their owners because they deserve it for actually loving their little mutant freak dog. Now while I have your attention I also have several opinions about the disabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Hey, gotta let freedom ring.