Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Slugworth posted:

Man, I don't mean to doubt your science, but I've seen a bunch of videos in this thread that suggest I'm appallingly compressible.

Only if the pressure surface area is limited. He means when the pressure is all around. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Ever watered a lawn with a simple hose? Put your thumb over the hole? Same effect, only with a microscopic hole and LOOOTS more pressure.

That poo poo can totally cut you up.

And even if doesn't actually slice you, when it has enough pressure to puncture your skin, it'll shred what's below that WHILE also delivering a lot of poo poo into your body that you don't wanna have there. Don't google injection injuries.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Maybe a drone, or a colleague being hoisted by a nearby crane.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

http://la.curbed.com/2016/9/6/12814650/wilshire-grand-spire-video-tallest-building-la

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I have no idea about your job so i gotta ask: Why not wear big gloves all the time?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Alright, thanks a bunch for the explanations. Gotta admit i didn't think too much on that one.

JoelJoel posted:

In the end, fault was spread around.
Sounds like a pretty good outcome all around.

Content:

https://twitter.com/auchmill/status/793649514825396224

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I know it's an advertisement, but it fits well enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85OysZ_4lp0

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Why was that guy trying to tame a CAT on the race track?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

What?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Nah, the SU was state capitalism, they just switched to private capitalism and are otherwise identical. The only thing communism as a movement brought them was an overthrow of the old state and then it took a nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

it also brought extremely rapid and large improvement in standard of living and the temporary defeat of european fascism

fair point, i'll have to do some more research into what exactly caused the former of that