Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Fuuuuuuuck that

You literally could not pay me enough to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Atticus_1354 posted:

This made my heart skip a beat.

http://i.imgur.com/kqMGt8N.gifv

This is probably peak osha.gif

You have an insane oh poo poo moment where serious injury is prevented by properly following safety procedures

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ahhhhhh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TN9WNgxsmo&t=24s

Hmmmm, beat with a more dramatic version :shobon:

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 10, 2016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Powershift posted:

I would imagine they're just worried about the land sliding into the water and making a wicked rear end wave.

Yeah, from the geological reports that someone pulled upthread, there is bedrock about 30 feet below the soil level, but 30 feet X Lake is still a huge volume of water if that dirt erodes away

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Powershift posted:

Well, they wanted rain, they got rain, maybe next time don't use a monkey's paw.

We would prefer rain a bit more spread out next time

Also, colder storms so more of it sticks as snow

Also, adding the fun is the next big wave of storms that is hitting early this week

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Fasdar posted:

Fields downstream are already flooded and cars are backed up right next to the floodplains. This could be really loving bad...

Yeah, they were already dumping as much water as they could before it overtopped the emergency spillway

We would probably be having this same issues even if the main spillway never had issues

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

boner confessor posted:

when you're having some kind of emergency and you may need to put aircraft in the area for reasons you dont want every yokel in thirty miles coming by to use the sweet new camera drone they got for christmas

Yeah, that law got passed becuase assholes kept flying drones near forest fires and after one sucked a drone into its engine, they've been forced to ground planes anytime drones are sighted in the area

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I mean Jerry Brown has been working for several years to get a major reworking of the dam and levee system, but he has had to fight farming interests tooth and nail because it means that they wont be able to waste as much water on crops not suited for the region

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Sagebrush posted:

The reservoir holds what it holds, and the rest is supposed to be let out of the spillway so the dam doesn't overflow. This is a case of the water coming in too fast because of the heavy rains, and the spillway being damaged because of lack of maintenance and use over the last several years. If anything the problem is that they can't let the water out fast enough.

Its very much not a case of over use in recent years considering the historic drought CA has been in

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yeah, most fires burn out...

Oh.

This remind me of the old ICU saying "One way or another, all bleeding eventually stops"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

C.M. Kruger posted:

It's just Tecate.

Tecate is the king of bottom tier beers