Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

mostlygray posted:

I'm guessing a large dust devil hitting a soft sided truck. I drove through a big one once with my dad when I was a kid. It hit us from the side and everything in the car was lifted out out through the open windows. It was crazy.

I don't think birds need to be hit by a dust devil to get lifted out a truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Only in America would someone think being scared of guns is a bad thing

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 16, 2016

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

hurrr guns are great I love shooting my gun yee haw pew pew oops another mass shooting

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Neutrino posted:

Dude, I'm sure you think you know how road construction works, but asphalt is typically placed on something. Someone who knows this fact can see from the street view that there is at least 2 inches of asphalt placed on the previous pavement without milling that previous pavement. Key point to look for for actual dipshits is that beneath the bridge at the inlets, the curb height is approximately 6 inches , which is a typical standard curb height while under the bridge, the successive layers of asphalt are probably around 2-inches from the top of curb. Think about that and do the math - if you are incapable, the difference is 4-inches. Any dipshit would know you don't lower the clearance below a bridge when resurfacing, especially when that clearance is low to begin with. This is civil engineering 101and is the reason why engineers have to get a degree and licensure to practice and yes, I have both.

Roadway modifications, both above-ground and underground are done as a matter of fact to make roadways safe. Roadway safety is needed not only for people that follow the rules but also for dipshits that don't. While you can't engineer for the rare eventuality, you can engineer for the common. It is pretty damned easy to see that in this case, this is a common problem and that Durham has a responsibility to fix it.

Nah you're right, they totally didn't think of that over the last however many years

Give em a call, let them know you solved it :thumbsup:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Let us know what they say so it can be added to the OP