Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wasabi the J posted:

I tried putting down phone. I Work nights.

Neighbor plays drums.

Poorly.
In short:.

Learn to play the tuba and do some duets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Lone Badger posted:

You jump straight up and place a dirt block where you'd been standing. Repeat until you're on the surface.

No, all his coworkers urinate into the shaft until he floats up like a cork.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It's like a mobile industrial Pieta.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

a very wet possum posted:

you idiot that pink water was your avgas

dump sterno on the crowd and then drop flares for the finale.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bad Munki posted:

If the code isn’t fit, you must acquit!

Code poorly writ? You must acquit!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

haveblue posted:

For comparison, this is how to write perfect software when lives are on the line. It results in code that's pretty much entirely bug-free (not to mention on schedule and on budget) but it's utterly unlike commercial software development and no one trying to make a profit could work like that.

Even then, people can manage to gently caress up safety-critical software like that

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Another example of "definitely bent in the straight places"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

You trust your life to Pittsburgh / Harbor Freight tools. #justidiotthings

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Trabant posted:

Yes, yes, noise bad. Can we focus on what's important: the first few frames of that video and wtf it depicts?

It's the eternal battle between the Superego and the Id

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dick Burglar posted:

Who says it's the landowner? You can see the guy's bright blue trailer around the side of the house on the left. That maroon is (supposed to be) a professional.

I hope to god that the tree worker is the ex-goon that started walking across the US, failed to make it 25 miles, quit, drove out to Death Valley and broke down, then moved on to his dad's tree business in Florida.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SeaborneClink posted:

Wait, wait, wait.. this is the ending to the goon that tried to hike across the US with a baby push pram and 1/2 lb of trailmix and had to be rescued by park rangers in San Diego (??) less than 5 miles after starting?

:aaa:

Yeah, here's one of the final posts about it:

quote:

Muerte posted:

Hello everyone, please read the below message and respond accordingly. To update everyone, I've made it to Florida and it only cost me a complete cooling system rebuild, a broken windshield and a power steering failure that still needs to be fixed. My short term plans are to get a job to supplement my income with the tree cutting business. Once I get that accomplished I can start paying off the repairs on my car. Once those are taken care of I'll going back to school for a degree in behavioral health, one of the jobs I've applied for is an entry level position in that field. I'm currently working on starting my own organization to raise awareness and money for mental health through various activities and meetups, such as ATV trips, Disc Golf Leagues, Hiking and whatever else I can come up with this is still a work in progress. Once I get back on my feet I'll be donating a portion of the money I make with our stump grinding business to mental health research, I'm still working on figuring out what the best organization for that may be. Last but not least I do NOT plan on giving up on my walk. I learned many things on my 5 day trip on what I did wrong and right.

The whole thread is still amazing
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714480&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I really really want to believe.
https://i.imgur.com/B2H39dD.mp4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

slinkimalinki posted:

Good thing there's a safety hand guard on that modern electric knife.

Just LOL if you don't use an air chisel to dismember your turkey

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guyver posted:

It is really hard to pick up a heavy stone with a straight back and squatting down. In fact if it's heavy enough it's impossible because you're trying to pick it up from such a poor mechanical position.

"lift with your legs" is bullshit and people should really stop repeating it.

Lackey of Big Chiro spotted:argh:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Pretty much everything on an aircraft carrier is an OSHA adventure, but this reminded me of one of the worst bits: hangar bay FOD walkdown.

Every day the crew gets together to walk through the hangar bay looking for foreign object debris (FOD), i.e. loose bolts on the ground or other bits and pieces that could get sucked into an engine or get blasted around by jet exhaust and do major damage. This involves having everyone line up shoulder to shoulder at one end and walk to the other looking at the ground.

Also present in the hangar bay: a bunch of aircraft. And it just so happens that there are a lot of parts on the F-18 that are right at forehead level, like the wings, tail, and weapon racks. So you have a bunch of people walking around looking at the floor (often in poor lighting) directly towards head-level protrusions everywhere. I don't think anyone has ever done that for more than a week before cracking their skull on a wayward fin.

Planes that are in long-term maintenance often have foam pool noodles fitted over the sharper bits on the tail to help avoid injury, but ones that are just temporarily stashed in the hangar for the day usually don't.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Nothing quite like nearly walking face-first into an exposed pitot tube!

Nothing quite like doing FOD walkdown on the flight deck (or moving on the flight deck at night) and walking headfirst into a missile fin. Wear your cranials!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof