Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

my favorite thing in the world is to discuss the exact same topic with the exact same posters every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is there a scientific explanation as to why everything seems super dark around a huge fire/explosion even if it's outside and well ventilated. I know smoke could account for some of it, but it always just seems like it pulls all the light into it and it's kinda weird. I'd say it could be a trick with cameras but even in real life I've seen it with like building fires and what not.

You're loving stupid, do you not understand how light and eyes work or what?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Platystemon posted:

I don’t think that it’s about your eyes, specifically.

If you’re looking at the source through a mirror, your entire body is out of the radiation’s path. Your eyes are safe, and so is the rest of your face and anything else the ray grazes. You can only bit hit by particles that the mirror reflects, which isn’t much.

It’s like the basilisk from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Did you just suggest the idea of a basilisk originated in a Harry Potter book?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

this is good

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

The funny thing is that this guy continues to be employed by my (ex) company. Allowing that to happen just completely redefines stupid and inept management. And they continue to bitch about low profit margins, and bad driver retention, like it's not their fault. HTF does that even happen if it can't be attributed to some form of corporate brain damage? If I trashed 7 years of important, and irreplaceable financial data, I'd be booted out before I could blink an eye. Yet, this idiot still drives for them. Oh yeah, they all think Trump is Jesus Christ incarnate. :suicide:

Whatever, I'm out.

Yeah, you're right, political affiliation has everything to do with general intelligence and job skills.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Katosabi posted:

I need some advice regarding my current work situation. I work as a power equipment mechanic and we had a pallet of equipment collapse yesterday (in the area where a guy works, thankfully he went home early), which really shocked me into potentially reporting my business for unsafe practices. There's a laundry list of things I find completely wrong with the place: numerous electrical code violations, open 5 gallon buckets of gasoline in a storage shed behind our building, 2 stroke gas stored inside under the bench where we use the propane torch to melt the ends for starter rope, grinders without shields, leaks through the roof (one was through the ceiling fan in a back room), moving 20ft tall pallets of equipment with the forklift with others around. I'm sure I could come up with more if I thought about it, but that's just off the top of my head. We also wash off equipment with a pressure washer and have oil/fuel runoff that isn't contained.

My question is, what governing body would I be best with reporting anonymously to in California, CAL/OSHA or CARB? I'm not looking to bury the business, but to just reign in some of the lunacy we have going on, because the owner/manager doesn't seem to give a poo poo when I bring anything up to him.

I hope you have another job lined up before you do anything.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

What, pray tell, do you think is harder than bone in a human finger? gently caress, I see now why so many people have you on ignore.

Memento posted:

It has nothing to do with this.

Do me a favour - try snapping a 2cm length of carrot. Report back with how you go.

You two are stupid as hell, fingers have the same kind of bones as dicks, and they're nearly unsnappable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Jabor posted:

:catstare:

You literally think it's okay to murder people because you're too lazy to look around?

I agree because everything should be taken literally and both hyperbole and humor don't exist.