Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

klafbang posted:

Thanks for jumping to the nazi card. That really stresses I should take your comments seriously.

The fact that it's insanely relevant to the discussion and you just dismiss it with a flip remark speaks volumes about yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

evil_bunnY posted:

Uber's just reckless.

This needs to be front and center in everyone's minds during this discussion. Uber is a company that has been sued so many times that those four links are just what I found on the first page of search results. They cut as many corners as they could in an effort to pump up their stock price before the IPO and by any metric it failed, because of their insanely shoddy business practices. The only reason they're as far as they are in the world of self-driving cars is because they stole technology from Google. They're the worst kind of corporate scum and deserve as much scorn as you want to heap on them.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Multi level car park? The crooked floors could be ramps.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I hear you've got a little weather in the states right now...

https://twitter.com/theakchi/status/1193908271444303877?s=19

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

iospace posted:

Car drivers in a nutshell.

OK fine gently caress car drivers because they're mostly just terrible but whose loving idiotic idea was it to put an at-level train track down a street? Or to put a street along a train track? Whichever came first, the second one should not have.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Usual answer: the town grew around the railway because it was the loving railway, man!

Yeah but you don't need to make the main road run concurrent with the railway.

Here's a random town I chose in western Victoria, Kaniva. Yellow is the railway, red is the highway and main road that was put through afterwards. The railway went through this area in 1885, and every road around it was either built next to it or has a bridge going over it.

It doesn't seem that hard?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

woops

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well yeah, a lathe looks at its big brother the helicopter and goes "that's the standard of lust for human flesh I'm going to aspire to".

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

So glad there's sound on this one.

Thank you. The sounds moves this from good solid tree moron 'freude to utterly sublime.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PinheadSlim posted:

I feel like there's a certain type of idiot who thinks just because they're a land owner that they're basically qualified to do every single piece of work the property requires, and that hiring any sort of professional is a sign of weakness.

And then the logical* progression of this is that he'll try to fix his roof himself, all but guaranteeing it will leak forever.

*the only place logic is involved in this process at all to be fair.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I saw that going differently, in my mind.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Rio Tinto investigates after employee crushes own work ute with haul truck

quote:

It is understood the driver of the light vehicle was performing maintenance on the haul truck on the morning of 21 November, at the Brockman 4 iron ore mine near Tom Price, when he ran over his own vehicle.

Rio Tinto has confirmed no one was injured in the incident.

Rio Tinto said the haul truck involved in the incident had been retrofitted with the technology enabling it to run autonomously, however it was operating in manual mode at the time of the incident, and was outside the autonomous zone.

That probably won't buff out.

Looking at it though, that driver's side door is pretty OK. They should make a nice little plaque for it with these photos and mount it on the wall of the workshop for posterity.

Memento fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is very blessed content, thank you.