Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cowman posted:

that thing was on fire before it got there. I think this truck's delivering fire.

they've really stepped it up with the Olympic Torch tour lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Platystemon posted:

by God, that logo is totally sweet.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Chemistry has so many ways to kill you invisibly on an industrial scale.

20th century.txt

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Applebee123 posted:

One thing I dont get about that gif is if the pressure is so intense why doesn't it bend that spinning blade? The blade looks fairly thin, maybe its just made of diamond or something?

crabs are a lot softer than steel

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

torque for dummies

a reference for the rest of us!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Powershift posted:

Just a reminder this person took out this bridge because she didn't know how many pounds 6 tons was

another victim to US customary units

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

flosofl posted:

That looks like a guy caught in a triangular room going for the spear so he can kill the menacing skull, while dodging arrows on bungee-cords being dropped from a ceiling fan.

the man is in a pyramid tomb and snakes are pouring out of a fan-shaped hole in the wall. he must grab the spear to defend himself, or he will end up like the previous intruder.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i usually stick to passing methane bubbles

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Annual Prophet posted:

No amount of guarding can prevent people being idiots. :smith:

just another couple of decimeters of height on that guarding rail would probably have been enough to keep his dumb rear end from trying that

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that looks fun. jealous of this kid

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

dude should wear a helmet, concussions are no joke.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Platystemon posted:

If your feet are no longer than 11″, yes.

"hey joe how big is a foot?" "'bout 11 inches i think"

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm mostly just surprised that someone who has a star wars dungeon would fit through that gap

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the impossible choice between job safety and job safety

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Memento posted:

http://i.imgur.com/OQEcxbX.mp4

Woops. I mean, there isn't actually any chance of this damaging either the armored vehicle that hit the cargo truck, or the cargo truck itself.

Still, I'd rather my nuclear transport convoys were as careful as they possibly could be.

i just hope the truck driver is a better driver than the guy behind him

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

he'll get my beetroots when he pulls them from my stained, dead hands

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

say what you will about spiders, at least they don't toy with their prey

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i thought you treated the wood before you started assembling the building

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if your building stays erect for over three hours,

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

spog posted:

3 deaths in 6 years is practically zero, given than 50,000 people die there every year.

You're in the region of 'death by otter' in terms of likelihood.

cut out cancer and heart disease and 0,5 deaths per year becomes a lot more significant

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Maxwells Demon posted:

You're right. If we eliminate the two largest causes of death then most people won't die anymore.

point was that if it's not 'death by otter' you're pretty likely to get a full lifetime. that's why those uncommon CODs are notable.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Neutrino posted:

I watch plenty of these videos on Youtube of the Russian car crash compilations and

same. i'm a bit of an expert really

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

in my opinion the bus driver should have stayed home that day, or possibly rolled the buss over on its left-side wheels, narrowly dodging the trailer in an exciting slow-mo cut before landing with a slight bounce on the suspension

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

sounds like there oughta be one for the people too

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

FCKGW posted:

but another two lose their poo poo and squeak like pigs for two minutes

oh, too easy

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

most ship collisions can be avoided by taking away the captain's alcohol.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Three-Phase posted:

Oh phew that's just a hot dog.

it's a wiener

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

missing hands + ring

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

our best AIs spend their time trying to figure out every little detail about you so they can sell you febreeze.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

something something digging your own grave

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

good dubbing, could probably get another couple of years out of them

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

mostlygray posted:

I remember reading a book that had a section on dowsing when I was a kid. It wasn't a "how-to", it was more of an explanation of how it works. It's not supernatural, it's purely an external way that your subconscious can signal your conscious. If you have no experience in finding water, it doesn't work. When your experience tells you that water should be here, the rods cross. Some people use a plumb-bob, some people use a crooked stick. Sometimes your conscious mind gets in the way and wants you to believe that water is in place "X" when your gut is screaming at you that it's in "Y".

Many, many years ago, my great-grandfather could not find a place to drill a well on our farm. He'd drilled all over the place and found nothing. It made no sense, but water was not to be found in the usual places. He finally hired a Witch and he found water on the first shot in a bizarre rear end location. The well is in a place that makes absolutely no sense. It's not paranormal, it's just skill.

mostlygray posted:

Dowsing for pipes is ridiculous, it's just guessing based on where you'd put them if it was you.

holding both these positions at once seems, uh, inconsistent.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

half of a ten mile drive is within five miles of where you set out from. you'd have to to drive quite a lot of long trips for that 5 mile area to be a minor portion of your travel.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

I love the old man who's more concerned with his finger that got pinched, instead of the guy who straight up fell from what is essentially a 2nd story landing. He literally makes zero effort to hold the ladder - you know, his only loving job.

tragedy is when i pinch my finger. comedy is when you fall down a flight of stairs and die

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh that's a störtkruka

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Zil posted:

Don't have time, is there an app that can do that instead?

probably, yeah

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

veiled boner fuel posted:

What’s a lint trap?

your navel

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

green means go watch for that loving truck

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

huh i wonder what kind of a substance pentaborane is

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

cheese-cube posted:

IMO just afford cops the same courtesy you would anyone else. They don't deserve special treatment

oh someone just failed the attitude test