Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Tritium in water is volatile. It exchanges with the water protons and then can evaporate as radioactive water. I feel like that pool should be in a ventilated enclosure with effluent air scrubbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

The Locator posted:

Fairly certain that the top level is the only power, and all those glass insulators on the lower level are old-school telegraph lines that used to be all over the place alongside railroad tracks. I think they run something like 70 volts, at fairly low amperage. They'll give you a good tingle, but unless you put them across a pace-maker, unlikely to cause any real harm.

They are telegraph lines, I've been told they run at 48 volts DC current, but that probably depends on who's running the telegraph.