Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

mostlygray posted:

Once, back in the 90's right by the HarMar mall (Twin Cities), I thought I was going insane.

I was about 11. I was sitting in the back seat of the car and I told my parents to turn off the radio. They said it was off. I said, "but I hear voices". They insisted everything was off. I kept insisting that the voices needed to stop. Finally, I realized that I could hear the voices in just about anything metal in the car just by leaning my head against it. The whole car was acting as a receiver. That station must have been over powered that day beyond belief or there was a bad ground somewhere.

CSB

I got to experience the same sort of thing about 15 years ago. There was a religious radio station transmitter site on my dead end street and during certain times of day the signal was so strong you could hear it through just about every electronic device in the house. This was not in the boondocks, it was a populated area. I'm pretty sure the FCC eventually shut them down.

I guess crazy religious assholes feel that gaaaaaawd allows them to broadcast at higher strengths than they are allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
One glass of wine per kid and the rest of the bottle for mom seems pretty safe.