Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mission Requirements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

gd soldiers are invariably drooling idiots without exception who would almost immediately die out if left to their own devices without any supervision or intervention

I can guarantee he was doing that because he was ordered to, not because he had a bright idea

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I'm assuming OSHA doesn't have jurisdiction over the military?

Honestly, OSHA rules don't really apply unless someone dies at your workplace. Then they might send someone over to do a safety inspection.

Almost everything safety or risk-assessment related in the military has a massive exception clause that states 'unless mission requirements dictates otherwise'. Of course a sane person would think 'well yeah, the military is dangerous, maybe you shouldn't care about proper ladder safety while a base is getting mortared or something', but it gets abused by a lot of people to where its more 'Commander said briefing has to get done by 4!!! Start stacking rolling chairs so we can start that projector!'

Also, you can't do things in the military like get ordered to do something retarded, get hurt doing it, and then sue your commander/the military for damages. You're just poo poo out of luck and hopefully the VA will cover it. The alternative is refusing and having Bad Things happen

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol cool. I want one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess it's stupid to solder indoors with no ventilation but I don't think I'd ever want a freaking fume hood. Open a window or door or something and blow a desk fan towards it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well I mean you could like, douse it in flaming grease or diesel or something and maybe the canister would explode if the gas inside heats enough to simply rupture it with pressure.