Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Phone posting so sorry for errors and poo poo

Theres some OSHA rear end poo poo happening at work right now. One of the general managers told the guy who runs one of our plants that he could skip a safetly meeting yesterday so he could keep the plant running. This morning, one of our pallet elevators in the same plant broke down because they jury rigged a retarded brake for it. That broke and a 400 lbs steel pallet was left dangling 2 stories up and all the products were lost. Now there are 5 dudes working on fixing it and one of them is just a forklift driver with no formal training and none of the machines theyre working on have been deenergized. Our master electrician is throwing a fit and going to hr. Congress passed a law saying that osha fines can scale with inflation now so it could cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars if they don't shape up. Meanwhile, I'm quality so I don't have to do poo poo except wait for them to fix it so I get to lean back in my chair all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yesterday 2 guys climbed into the kilns to fix something, neither of them are trained for it and with no assistance or protection either.

Today, a rabbit found its way into on our stone piles and now its being cooked along with our pavers.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Today a plant supervisor bypassed a safety feature in an electrical box by passing a current through it with a paper clip.

Also I guy claiming to be plumber open a 125psi valve and the sound repurted his loving ear drum.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Some workers are climbing into the kilns right now without locking them out to jury rig a fix for our pallets not aligning properly.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Management is already well aware of the numerous osha violations. Our master electrician has been threatening to tip off Osha if things don't change. My job doesn't require me to touch any of the heavy duty machines thankfully.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So one of our machines has been leaking oil and the solution the workers decided on was to put a bucket under the leak. Then when the smell of oil got to be too much to bear, the supervisor brought in a box fan to point at the bucket. Thing is, those fans have motors that can spark. Basically the supervisor rigged a loving bomb without knowing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone got fired yesterday for undoing the safety on a nailgun and taking a few shots at a forklift driver.