Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
This might be more of a fun&recreation safety issue than a OSHA thing, but speaking of a single screw coming loose and causing catastrophic failure, I like to know WHO THE gently caress SIGNED OFF ON THIS CONFIGURATION OF ATTACHING A SEAT TO A BICYCLE:

?????

This is my bike. It is a piece of poo poo I got for free. I adjusted the seat like 9 months ago and rode it almost daily. The single bolt holding the seat on went away while I was riding it one fine day about 10 weeks ago. I detected some looseness in the seat and planned on stopping to investigate when I was suddenly airborne and spinning. I had the presence of mind to tuck my head in and rolled. Thought I survived unscathed but my left wrist was kinda destroyed.
Here it is when I got the cast removed:

Was a fun pic to share on the FB. It's still swollen, still hurts, hot to the touch, can't use it much, and the pain med RX is goddamn stingy. Typing this post is pretty excruciating. When or if I get back on a bike it's gonna be something safe, like a Huffy.
I guess what I'm saying is if this setup is more prevalent these days then the ER rooms will soon be flooded with busted-up bicyclists.

Masturbasturd fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It definitely was a "yellow-warning-light-to-HOLY SHITTTT!!!" experience. If something's wrong, I'd like a little more than 1 second to react.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Johnny Aztec posted:

Moral of the story: Never ride a bike.

:ohdear:

But enough about the bike derailleur-ment. :razz:

I enjoyed the theme park posts. I worked ride op at a Disney park. Big money, mega safety, yet stupid people managed to mangle themselves in myriad ways.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
with encouragement. rather sucks

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I think was in the 70's, at Space Mountain when you'd get buckled in with basic seat belts. Someone unbuckled theirs, got his head knocked off which landed in the lap of the person behind him. Lots of screams I'd imagine.
Stupid upon both parties here.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

The Locator posted:

Today's safety lesson - you should actually maintain your bicycle periodically, including checking tension on critical fasteners. :v:

Minutes before I was off my bike. In order to extract it from the public bike rack I maneuvered the bike by its saddle to get back on the path. Would've appreciated some discernable looseness then.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The nuke waste is going to be in these big, honkin' lead cases and sealed with proprietary bolts. If they're smart enough to haul that poo poo outta there and fabricate tools to open it, they should be smart enough to second guess this plan.

Sorry about your stoning, future whistleblower.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I lived near some huge tanks. You would hardly believe the skull piercing sound that comes from an empty million-gallon steel tank when being sandblasted. Reeeeallllly amplifies an already horrible noise.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
General Bullshit > OSHA: Fear and Latheing in GBS

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Olothreutes posted:

Holy poo poo that has to suck.

lol because it's a paper company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3yhB49RSM

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The bear needs a hardhat jfc

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

I just want the last people to finish dying to Mesothelioma so we can get so new commercials in between episodes of Judge Judy

Fun little story is how these asbestos companies realized they were in deep poo poo and ended up being bought by Haliburton, who recouped the losses from war profiteering.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
He's lucky but not Irish lucky

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I thought that plutonium was so loving toxic, that if you were to touch some you'd be dead before you could lift your finger off it. A guy in a Grateful Dead t shirt told me this so it must be true. :science:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
It's not even the "too gay to be useful" funny is what it is and I'd like to review the OSHA guidelines for gayness before proceeding

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
There's a marker off 77 indicating the site of the wreck of the USS Shenandoah. Dad had me believing for a while that a battleship somehow crashed in the middle of a field in Ohio.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Visual payoff.So what

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Word to the wise: if your car has electronic tire pressure sensors, do avoid using blingy metallic valve stem caps. Electrolytic corrosion will ensue and your valve stem can snap off at any time

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

flosofl posted:

They use huge solid steel pins that go in the brackets on the bucket. But the bucket needs to be resting on the ground. The weight of the bucket would make it almost impossible to remove the pins while suspended (if installed correctly).

Most likely explanation is a lovely weld-job, incorrect pins for the bucket size, or metal fatigue with the brackets.

I will furnish my nightclub with stuff like this, along with industry-standard pins

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I used to videotape a buttload of depositions involving the EPA versus numerous chemical corporations (and their many defunct shell corporations) about cleaning up their toxic poo poo. Terms like "consent decree" and "underground plume" got tossed about a lot. These slick lawyers would grill some ancient retired executive who would mumble for days and days.
It was like he was an aged wizard casting a sleep spell. The main hazard for me was staying awake through that poo poo. I guess the free coffee was an OSHA requirement.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

It's been awhile since my last tattoo, hmmm I'm thinkin like a trampstamp...

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Sn0lFK7.gifv

I want one, thing probably costs a fortune though.

What? No frog act to stumble out of the box?
Anyways I always request background checks and psychological evaluations of the company's top executives and immediate families when I apply for jobs. Why should I risk my career on a company that could tank due the CEO's gambling addiction?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I tried going down a steep winding hill during a sudden heavy snow during rush hour . Took like 20 minutes to creep 2000 feet, and surgery to remove my fingers from the steering wheel.
I stopped at the nearest bar at the bottom of the hill for a drink or 8 to calm my nerves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

What? Haven't you ever seen a boat getting a Brazilian waxjob?