Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

Fasdar posted:

In other news, a petition is circulating to force the allowance of the open carry of firearms at the Republican National Convention .

So, how much would you have to get paid to empty the trashcans at this event?

They try so hard to focus on the most irrelevant issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

How to start then put out an electrical fire.

Step 1: Let it be winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_r4NALv0Ao

I like how the guy strongly suspects something will go wrong, you can see him flinching initially when the guy does what he is about to do

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Seems almost too perfect to be real with all the cameras around

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Phanatic posted:

Sea Dart.

And, yeah, that's exactly right: solid-fuel booster first stage, kerosene/air-burning second stage, and that's what it looks like when a solid fuel motor has cracks in it and breaks apart and spills burning chunks of rock fuel across your deck. Some minor damage to the deck/antiskid coating, other than that no big deal.

http://www.military.com/video/guided-missiles/sea-launched/sea-dart-gone-wrong/658292598001

So was it defective or was it loaded incorrectly?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

FIRST TIME posted:

As a former retail safety supervisor, I would tell that guy "Look, here's the inside scoop. That was rad as hell but if you ever do that again, I will make sure you're fired so hard."

What's the job description for a retail supervisor?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

That's what happens when you eat too much taco bell

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You know what? gently caress everything. Let's throw explosives into spinning blades.

Is the art worth more if you lose a finger while making it?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Platystemon posted:

I don’t know if the camera person is on the job, but I’m going to assume so because :gonk:

http://i.imgur.com/jsXbIjI.gifv

If he fell at least everyone would know what happened to him (if they find the body)

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

I wonder if they keep statistics on how many people die fixing acs every year

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

I love that woman's expression, what the gently caress was that?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Frinkahedron posted:

This isn't really bad at all. Companies like Logitech and Microsoft have spent literal millions developing controllers that are responsive, light weight, and sell for relatively low cost. Why reinvent the wheel? (:haw:)

Is it me or has Logitech started acting like razer lately?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

froward posted:

holy poo poo

you'd think there would be a black and yellow striped DO NOT PROCEED PAST THIS POINT or something

jesus loving christ

i just

wow

it's a furnace or laser with absolutely no guards on it

There may only be issues like that at certain times of the day since it looks like its under construction

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

baquerd posted:

You made a wooden vagina, complete with prominent clitoris, for you mom?

Well if he thinks about it a lot, why not share his thoughts?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Probably not OSHA since it isn't at work, but I found this in my apartment bathroom last night. Left an emergency maintenance message for my landlord as soon as I found it, and cut off the power at the breakers. Wanted to warn my neighbors but didn't want to get shot as I live in a poor area and it was 2 am. Tried calling the office today(they never answer, or even are there unless its rent paying day), went up there, door was locked but I was holding the rent check in my hand so the lady magically appeared out of nowhere to let me in. She said their voicemail wasn't working and only acted like I was a burden when I explained the ongoing fire hazard. So far they haven't done poo poo to fix anything today and I'm staying at a friends.

Depending on the terms of your lease and local ordinance you may be able to break the contract. I would check the lease and quote any provision allowing you to break the lease if they don't maintain livable conditions.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

SLOSifl posted:

My company has an office in Makati and they are all very highly skilled. I work with filipino coworkers all the time. I work for one of the largest software companies in the world and we have offices everywhere, and our manilla guys are equally important and competent.

What is your basis for this opinion?

Why do you have a job then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Jusupov posted:

Waiting the imgur diy where they fix a dam

Ya gently caress those diy posts, saw one on someone who built a house, like ya that's totally feasible