Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

mobby_6kl posted:

An electrician has died after falling 53 storeys from a construction site in Los Angeles.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35839635

At least it wasn't his last day. And wear your hardhats, people!

I was approx. 1 block away when this happened and it was loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

there's no obvious screw or faceplate on that one, so of course they peered at it for 10 seconds and shrugged and started digging into the wall with a kitchen knife

Ok but my question is why not just pull the outlet forward and attach it to the styrofoam? Wrap that bitch up in extra electric tape and hope for the best. Why wire another socket on top?

(or is that :thejoke: that i am not getting)

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

:gonk: :allbuttons:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Lathespin.gif posted:

This is actually 105% safe even without the handguard, the blade is on backwards so the teeth won't cut anyway :colbert:

Username + post combo

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Mierenneuker posted:

I fought the claw and the law won.

Hahah

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

This is either Dhaka or Detroit

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Is it included in OSHA if you "walk" the ladder? Like straddle it and then move it while you are on it by rocking back and forth. I do it all the time so I am not sure, it doesn't seem too bad.

That said, sometimes we rig up like a ladder like below
  /\
 /\/\

and use it like a bridge then put another ladder on top of it. This was in Arizona where nobody apparently gives a gently caress.

Also during monsoon season it would rain like crazy + lightning and you would be on top of this metal ladder wondering what the gently caress.

du -hast fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 23, 2016

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Powershift posted:

There was nothing in the manual that specifically said not to climb on and off with the controls tied full forward. time to lawyer up.

i seriously challenge anyone to come up with one better than this

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

bunch of osha and schadenfreude stuff from an imgur dump. some we've seen before but w/e

ah yeah thats the good stuff

Also when I work I tend to move the ladder around by "walking" it, ie feet on the bar on one side and 3rd or 4th step down on step side. Is this dangerous? seems pretty normal to me and our supervisor at work does it all the time, but I always wondered if it was OSHA.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Buff Skeleton posted:

I think this is a great time to repost one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rq-R07VmlY

Can someone please explain to me wtf this is

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Evilreaver posted:

The proper procedure to link trolley cars
http://i.imgur.com/zflfdiu.mp4

art

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

welcome_to_austrailia.jpg

e:

du -hast fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 28, 2017

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Memento posted:

Automatic bird scaring device. It sounds off every few minutes to keep birds off your grapes/fruit/whatever.

Generally they look slightly less ramshackle.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed, I thought it was a potato cannon that had the added benefit of killing whoever stands behind the barrel to fire it.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

IPCRESS posted:

Well... at least he wasn't shooting at him one-handed, South African Motorcycle Police style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8KrdixvZc

For some reason I read the title as South Australian, which confused me once the guy started talking with a South African accent.

If anyone is wondering, the village or whatever, which I assume is a strictly black zone leftover from apartheid, looks EXACTLY like a Native American reservation in the US. At first I thought it was a Navajo reservation until I saw that they were driving on the wrong side.

Anyway thats my story :tipshat:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Oooooo that's the good stuff

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

^^^^^ agreed

This is a lot more common than you'd think and also generally not a problem - by the time you take off and are going 100mph the door is held closed by the pressure flowing across it or even fully latched by it, so it's not like you're gonna fall out.

That said it is scary as gently caress the first couple times it happens.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Someone please get Elise the Great in here to discuss that story's plausibility

oh god pls no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

Please god tell me there are more pictures of this.