Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I've urbexed a titan silo. P. cool would go again. Definitely a lot of opportunities to die though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

One of the biggest causes of idiots killing them selves on train tracks, either on foot or in a car, is the 2nd train they didn't see. The crossing starts to light up and ding, the gates come down. You see the training coming from your right and know you can beat it, so you gun it around the gate. What you didn't see was a train on the other track behind the 1st train moving faster. A large proportion of people killed by trains (that aren't suicide) are on multiple tracks. It's very easy to feel confident that you can get past the train you can see, and you become fixated on that one to the point of ignoring others. Also other than their horns, trains can be pretty quiet from the front. All the sound comes out the top/sides for the most part.

might as well :justpost: the video, terrifying double-track portion starts at ~15:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naix-f6KSIg

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Azhais posted:

I've got a Federal Pacific box, I don't need to worry about wiring my fuses open, they'll never break anyway :v:

same :cheers:

replacement is so expensive :ohdear:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

spog posted:

They originally used a model Corvette for that demonstration as it looked cooler, but it kept spinning off before they even added the the toy trailer.

I chuckled

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Haha what the christ

so just a pocket of explosive gas in that cavity or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

It looks awfully fake to me. It takes more than a cigarette to ignite methane - and the guy is mostly unhurt (and unmoved) despite a bunch of dirt and concrete getting blown into his face.

I suspect it's a part of an ad.

It is amusing, though.