Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Good camera people in war zones, disaster situations, and reality TV are professionals on a level that I aspire to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

:nms: that poo poo man.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Lady Demelza posted:

The inscription read: "From the remaining children of Aberfan".

Not going to cry not going to cry not going to cry.

gently caress.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Trip Sludgebody

drat it, the closest I could come was "something something acidbath"

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Wait I got it:

Delta Peabody

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

DamnCanadian posted:

It looked like one of those grenades, but made of red and white glass, suspended from a piece of twine inside a minimal brass wire cage. I guess if there was a fire, it would burn through the twine, dropping the the grenade.

Huh, for an olde-timey device that's kind of cool.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Megabound posted:

Had some strange toilet placement in a hotel I stayed at recently

This was a few pages back, but I wanted to mention that these setups are for the disabled, they have them in hospitals too. Makes it really easy to go from making GBS threads to cleaning poo poo off you, or for taking an emergency poo poo when you're in the middle of a shower, or just taking a poo poo and showering separately without having to step over something and invite a fall.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

MausoleumExtremist posted:

Yeah, people have been doing it this way for 10,000 years and have it down to enough of a science that you only end up losing toes like 2% of the time

2% is not a comforting number.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Someone who wants it to be absolutely clear how they died.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

I like how everyone on the dock was getting out of the way just fine, until all of a sudden there's an errant grandma in the way and things get way more tense.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

A few years back before I knew anything about lithium-ion batteries I had an Amazon Kindle Fire that seemed to be... inflating. Slowly, over the course of months, but something inside it was inflating. It gets to the size of a partially inflated woopie cushion and the edges are coming open so I call Amazon and I'm like "uuuuuh I don't think its supposed to be doing this, am I still under warranty?" I was so they sent me a box to ship it back to them. I did.

The Internet posted:

When lithium-ion batteries are over heated, over charged, or simply failing due to old age, it’s possible for the inner cells of the battery to outgas a flammable electrolyte mixture. This is where the swollen battery effect comes from: the batteries are designed to contain, as a fail safe measure, that out gassing so that it doesn’t cause a catastrophic fire.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

It lost buoyancy.

its buoyancy was reduced by external hydration

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Humerus posted:

I saw an interview with a rally driver where he basically said he thought of people on the track as any other obstacle. He said if he thought of them as actual people he wouldn't drive as well.

capitalism.txt

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Vitamins posted:

I got my hand caught in a machine pretty much the same as you describe. It sure is a trip having to tell a coworker how to stop the machine and get your arm out while it's slowly pulling you in. Helped improve safety standards factory wide though when the investigation was done on the plus side!

Was the code to the machine LARA?

Chrono Trigger joke

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Yawgmoth posted:

What kind of bonuses would a high vis vest give to a D&D character?

-2 circumstantial penalty to Hide checks

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

I thought that was a very oddly striped road and it took me 3 viewings to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Tesla fanboys were saying he should have checked his lug nuts. Don't know how many lug nuts there are in the suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6L8vJelGyw